The successful candidate will be an active participant on the software development team for the Electronic Warfare (EW) Systems Mission Area of Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) business unit. Candidate will take part on the successful embedded real-time software development team and GUI based simulation tool development team. The software development will consist of developing complex EW algorithms and EW embedded processing for real time systems. Specific duties include performing software development, system integration and test for a complex EW system using Raytheon engineering processes and practices. The individual may also be called upon to provide flight test and field support. This individual will work as part of a large multi-disciplined team to develop the system. This individual will also be asked to use modular design approaches and/or agile software development techniques for a high quality, supportable system.
- Participating in the full software lifecycle development (requirements analysis, design, implementation and unit testing, software integration and test, system level integration).
- Performing requirements analysis / definition to ensure system will meet all customer requirements..
- Participating in code and other software artifacts reviews.
- Interacting with engineers from other disciplines, such as Systems and Hardware Engineering, to obtain pertinent information required to accomplish tasks.
- Position requires US Citizenship as selected candidate will need the ability to obtain a Secret Clearance.
Note: This position will be based in Point Mugu, CA (Ventura County Area)Required Skills:
- Minimum 2 years of experience or MS Degree in Engineering, Math, Science or related
- Solid programming experience in C/C++ and C#
- Knowledgeable on embedded system concepts such as preemptive, multitasking real-time operating systems
- Able to work with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review tools
- Knowledge in using a Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS), e.g., VxWorks, Linux, Green Hills (GH) Integrity.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- Familiarity with Agile or working knowledge of lifecycle process including Scrum, Continuous Integration, and Test Driven Development Methodologies.
- Strong understanding of advanced C# concepts such as WPF and MVVM.
- Working knowledge of Windows, VxWorks or other Real time operating systems.
- Working experience with Object Oriented (OO) design and Unified Modeling Language (UML).
- Working knowledge of IBM Rational DOORS, IBM Rational ClearCase, IBM Rational Software Architect and VersionOne.
- Working experience with Power PC or similar processor, hardware interfaces, and space/airborne sensor systems.
- Working experience with hardware interfaces and communications within a multi-processor system.
- Working experience with design, code, integration, and test of large systems.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to work occasional overtime to support critical program events.
- Ability to travel and support off-site facilities as needed
BS degree in Computer Science or EngineeringDesired Education:
MS degree in Computer Science or EngineeringThis position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.Raytheon
is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter
Security Clearance: None / Not Required
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Software Engineering, Engineering, All, Space and Airborne Systems