Senior Systems Engineer I/IIThe Whole Life Engineering Directorate (WLED) is made up of several disciplines whose main objective is to influence hardware and systems early in their life cycle to assure effective operation, reliability, maintainability and economical ownership by the customer and end user.
We have an immediate need for a Component Engineer for Obsolescence and DMSMS* in our Marlborough, MA location. Primary Obsolescence activities will involve monitoring program systems to identify obsolescence risks, investigating potential mitigations for obsolete and near obsolete parts, supporting Obsolescence Management Working groups and Integrated Product teams, reporting system obsolescence health statistics and maintaining various obsolescence databases. The Component Engineer responsibilities may also include financial reporting such as earned value management, workload planning, and support to proposal efforts. *Diminishing manufacturing sources and material shortages (DMSMS)
This position can be a salary grade level G08 or G09 based on the candidate’s qualifications as they related to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
- 4 years of related engineering experience.
- Component knowledge
- Must currently possess or be able to obtain a Secret Security Clearance
- Experience in developing obsolescence mitigation options
- Experience reading engineering drawings
- Experience with product and procurement management systems such as: PTC Windchill (PDM) and SAP PRISM
- Experience with ‘data mining’ solutions such as SiliconExpert and IHS CAPS Universe.
- Proficient with the MS Office suite; specific competence with data analysis and manipulation using Excel and Access.
- Experience interfacing with manufacturers and suppliers
- Qualified R6Sigma specialist
- Background in component engineering, including guiding component selection.
- Experience with a wide application of technical theories and concepts related to system logistics/sustainment/production activities/obsolescence.
- Experience in preparing customer and/or management level briefings.
- Experience in development of technical and cost proposals.
- Experience with program and project tasks, including managing cost and schedule as well as associated reporting.
- Proven multi-disciplinary leadership and technical skills to engage peers, superiors, and subordinates across the various IDS CBTs and IBTs. Working knowledge of, or experience with configuration management processes as part of the product life cycle
BS/BA in Engineering, Science, Mathematics, Technical Discipline or 8+ years of experience relevant to this job description may be considered in lieu of a degree. (Two years related work experience can substitute for one year of education)
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Mass., Integrated Defense Systems (IDS) has locations in Washington, California, Utah, New Mexico, Virginia, Texas, Maryland, Rhode Island, Alabama, Australia, Germany, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas including air and missile defense systems, missile defense radars, early warning radars, naval ship operating systems, robotics and other advanced technologies. With a global workforce of almost 14,000 employees and 2011 sales of $5 billion, IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Security Clearance: Secret
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Electrical Engineering, Engineering Technology, Hardware Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Engineering, All