Raytheon is supporting a U.S. Government customer on a large mission critical development and sustainment program to design, build, deliver, and operate a network operations environment; including introducing new cyber capabilities to address emerging threats. Raytheon Cybersecurity and Special Missions (CSM) is seeking Technical Editors and Writers to support the design, development, and deployment of advanced cybersecurity capabilities. We are also looking for AWS/TAXII experience with DHS, although not required.Responsibilities will include:
- Developing and reviewing technical communications deliverables including engineering documentation, operational procedures, plans, action reports, and meeting minutes, coordinating with engineering teams to obtain necessary input data.
- Capturing real-time security updates during cybersecurity incident response briefings and translating relevant technical details into plain language for a non-technical executive leadership audience.
- Supporting operational cyber response teams during non-standard hours.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Top Secret clearance with SSBI in last five years (TS/SCI desired)
- Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, public relations, communications, marketing, graphics design, computer science, or related field Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree level education.
- Experience with creating and maintaining information system security documentation and SOPs.
- Must have a minimum of 4 years professional experience
- Must technical writing experience developing communications deliverables including engineering documentation, plans, action reports, and meeting minutes for internal and external audiences.
- Expert level knowledge and usage of Microsoft Office including MS Word.
- Familiarity with cybersecurity communications language and subject matter.
- Experience with creating technical SITREPs and executive leadership briefing material.
- Experience developing news articles, monthly newsletters, executive messages, advanced PowerPoint presentations and infographics.
- Fluid technical writing and editing skills, including the use of AP Style.
- Ability to research and analyze complex technical material and break it down into concise, compelling copy that engages the reader.
- Ability to work under pressure with clients, program managers and subject matter experts in a fast-paced cybersecurity environment.
- Familiarity with a variety of internal and external communications vehicles, practices and technologies, including print, electronic, video and social media.
- Ability to capture meeting discussion at a rapid pace using either shorthand and/or typing fast will be beneficial.
- DoD 8570.1-M Compliance at IAT Level II
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Security Clearance: Top Secret - Current
Relocation Eligible: No
Business Administration, Cyber, All, Warfighter Support Services