Job Description:The Software Engineering Center is seeking an enthusiastic and highly capable software engineer with a recent track record of successfully developing robust embedded, real-time software executing within challenging hardware and software environments. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performing requirements development, design, implementation, integration, and verification of object-oriented, realtime embedded software in C/C++.
- Assisting with system integration of the software, using investigation and debugging skills to assess issues and develop solutions.
- Communicating effectively with team members across disciplines, especially with system engineering and program management
Desired Skills and Experience**Current TS clearance strongly preferred**
- 8 yrs experience developing object-oriented software utilizing C/C++.
- Excellent ability to modify, integrate, and troubleshoot software in a complex processing environment
- Must have an active DOD Secret Clearance with update within past 5 years and the ability to be accessed to Special Access Programs
- US Citizenship
- Experience with all phases of the software development life-cycle
- Competency with Microsoft Visual Studio and Eclipse IDEs
- Experience with Green Hills INTEGRITY or VxWorks or other real time operating systems
- Competency with Subversion
- Experience with Agile development methods (Scrum)
- Ability to work proactively to complete tasks with minimal oversight and direction
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members across disciplines, project management, and customers
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. personsU.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or similar discipline
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.Raytheon
is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter
Security Clearance: Secret - Current
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Software Engineering, Engineering, All