Position: Security Specialists- Personnel Security
Reports To: The Customer and PM
Clearance Type: Active TS/SCI with CI Poly
Work Location: Fort Meade, MD; Reston, VA
Start Date: Immediately
Job Description: Advantage SCI is seeking Security Specialists- Personnel Security to be considered for employment. Individuals shall Assist the Government in assessing, validating and certifying the trustworthiness of customer and designated DoD-affiliated personnel for access to sensitive' compartmented information, through case management, adjudication and due process. Review forms for accuracy and process security clearance documentation for personnel security investigations and clearances. Maintain personnel security records and databases used in the personnel security process. Develop recommendations with sufficient supporting rationale to enable the Government to decide whether to grant, deny, or revoke a security clearance or eligibility to occupy sensitive positions. Check the status of pending cases and maintain suspense logs. Prepare written reports and briefings as required; other duties as assigned.
• 3-5 years of relevant experience
• Possess a TS/SCI and successfully passing CI Poly
• Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Excellent written and oral reporting skills, interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization and customers across geographically dispersed sites.
• Experience working in DIA a plus
• Must have a valid certification of completion in PII and Cyber Awareness Challenge from Information Assurance Support Environment (Only valid within 30 days of hire). To obtain the certification, visit http://iase.disa.mil/eta/.
• Able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time
• Able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach daily
• Able to lift up to 35 pounds occasionally.
• Noise level: Low to moderate
Advantage SCI, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
EXECUTIVE ORDER 11246 Prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, or national origin and requires affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees treated, without regard to race, sex, color, genetic information, religion, or national origin. (Enforcement Agency: U.S. Department of Labor, Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs)