Location: Tucson Arizona
Security Clearance: Secret - Current
Value Stream Lead (VSL)
Please Note: This position can be a Salary Grade G07 or Salary Grade G08 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
The Value Stream Lead (VSL) is responsible for all manufacturing related activities within a production or depot manufacturing environment. The successful candidate will report to the Factory Manager and be accountable for the daily management and direction of up to 35 touch labor employees within one shift. The VSL will be tasked to define clear operational schedules, priorities, goals, and collaborate with functional management to allow for continuous manufacturing of line-flow or end-item products. Additionally the VSL will have accountability for production, development and depot deliveries.
This position involves direct support of manufacturing activities and requires spending significant amounts of time in and around factory areas. The candidate must be capable and willing to work extended hours (when required) in a fast paced deadline driven environment. The ideal candidate will possess the demonstrated skills and experience necessary to perform in manufacturing leadership role.
The Value Stream Lead is responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Factory Leadership interface and interactions
- Schedule performance
- Quality performance
- Labor performance management
- Safety program
- Communication of customer requirements
- Interface with other Value Stream Leaders across shifts
- Manage and lead up to 35 touch personnel
- Perform a wide variety of sequencing, planning, scheduling, coordinating and reporting tasks in support of the manufacturing workflow
- Prioritizes project issues and assists in the resolutions process to meet productivity, quality, and organizational goals and contractual delivery requirements
- Provide the required resources (facilities, processes, equipment, training, etc.) to ensure all employees work in a safe working environment
- Provide communications as directed or required by higher level management to ensure employees are aware of pertinent organizational or customer information
- Ensure compliance to all pertinent operating procedures and work instructions
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance and hold access to building 847.
- Ability to work second shift
- Ability to understand and work in database systems
- Ability to set and maintain daily goals and work assignments
- Knowledge of preparing and maintaining compliance for audits
- Ability to coordinate and lead multifunction teams
- The candidate must currently have a DoD Secret Clearance.
The candidate must be capable of working beyond the typical 40 hour work week and occasionally have in-person communication with 1st and 3rd including weekend shifts. Desired Attributes:
- Understanding of an Operation Environment (TAKT, Line Balancing, Value Stream Mapping)
- Knowledge of Bargaining Unit Agreement & Compliance
- Ability to manage multiple database management systems
- Understanding of EAC’s and HPU
- Ability to conduct employee evaluations and performance
- Ability to analyze data and develop cost reduction and error proofing projects
Bachelor’s Degree and at least two years of related experience
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) is the world leader in the design, development and production of missile systems for critical requirement including air-to-air, strike, surface Navy air defense, land combat missiles, guided projectiles, exoatmospheric kill vehicles, missile defense and directed energy weapons. RMS is headquartered in Tucson, Arizona with over 11,000 employees operating at sites across the country and internationally.
Business Administration, Engineering Technology, General Engineering, General Management, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, All, Engineering Business Administration, Engineering Technology, General Engineering, General Management, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering