Location: Dallas Texas
Security Clearance: None / Not Required
Responsibilities include all aspects of the Special Tooling build process from concept to completion for all Special Tools and Special Test Fixtures required to support the product build for each program assigned. This process includes design, drawing creation and review through release, obtaining quotes, make versus buy decisions associated with fabrication and assembly, tracking and maintaining budget and schedule using the Earned Value Management System (EVMS), presenting status at program meetings, following proper documentation and tracking guidelines for customer owned property, and support of this Special Tooling once the product build has started. Some assembly of your designs will be required. Some support of automated test set design, build, and assembly may also be required. Ability to direct resources to successful completion of tasks.Basic Qualifications:
- Minimum of six years of professional experience in the industry.
- Experience with all aspects of Special Tool design and build process as outlined above, machined parts design, GD&T, demonstrated advanced Pro Engineer (Creo) and ACAD proficiency and drafting standards.
- Experience supporting automated equipment, especially related to part presentation.
- Experience with capacity analysis, cycle time and cost reduction methods.
- Must be able to interface with multiple disciplines and job functions (i.e. Electrical, Mechanical, Process, Product engineers and program managers.
- Demonstrated knowledge of assembly manufacturing processes.
- Able to manage schedules, budgets, and priorities.
- Capable of successfully working with minimal supervision in a self-motivated manner.
- Must have the ability to succeed in a teaming environment with timely problem resolution utilizing a positive, proactive attitude and a strong customer focus.
- Must have excellent communication, planning and organization skills.
- Must have ability to support proposal activities.
- Ability to obtain secret clearance, with US Citizenship.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- Past experience with Special Tooling design, build, and cost tracking process.
- Knowledge of government property handling requirements including knowledge of UPS (Uniform Property System) or equivalent.
- Past experience with automated test equipment assembly.
- Ability to accurately estimate fabrication costs, and work with suppliers to help reduce cost.
- Ability to look for and implement cheaper, better, faster ways of doing business and voice findings to management.
- Ability to adapt to changing product requirements.
: Requires a degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering (or equivalent) and minimum of 8 years of prior relevant experience.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.Raytheon
is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter
Hardware Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, All, Engineering Hardware Engineering, Mechanical Engineering