Location: Pasadena California
Security Clearance: None / Not Required
Raytheon Pasadena is looking for a Linux System Administrator to work with a team of System Administrators supporting customers located at Raytheon as well as at the customer site at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory. Job duties include all aspects of system administration including installation, configuration, implementation, and maintenance of Linux and Solaris servers, both hardware and virtual.
The System Administrator will be responsible for disk storage devices, SAN and NAS devices, and network equipment. Responsibilities also include building, configuring, and troubleshooting open source and commercial applications, backups and restoration, user support, and documentation. Required Clearance:
Clearance is not required for this position.
No VISA SponsorshipRequired Skills:
- Six years of System Administrator experience using Linux with a focus on Redhat/CentOS, including system design, configuration, maintenance, upgrade and administration
- Strong knowledge of VMware ESXi/vSphere
- Strong knowledge of VMware vCenter
- Strong knowledge in scripting (python, shells)
- Strong knowledge of NetApp CDOT management
- Strong knowledge of design, implementation, and support of networked systems and technologies such NFS, DNS, and LDAP.
- Experience with AMI creation
- Experience in S3 management
- Experience with RPM packaging
- Experience with Container Technology such as Docker
- Experience with Solaris 10
- Experience with cloud computing (AWS, Azure, Microsoft Cloud etc)
- Excellent communication both verbal and written
- Good understanding of routers, switches and computer network configurations including firewalls and troubleshooting
- The ability to operate in a team environment consisting of both internal and external members, co-workers and customers
- The ability to document and electronically store daily task information, architecture, processes, and user instructions
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Nagios, Cacti and Ganglia
- The ability to work independently
The work will need to be performed in Pasadena CADesired Education:
B.S./B.A. with at least 6 years of experience that demonstrate technical, communication and development skills. May substitute experience for education. (i.e., Associate’s degree plus 10 years of directly related experience, no degree plus 14 years of directly related experience.)This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Information Technology, Warfighter Support Services, All Computer/Management Information Systems