Location: Louisville Kentucky
Security Clearance: Secret
Are you an engineer who has been out of college for at least 18 months? If your answers are yes, the Systems Design Center at Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) wants to learn more about you! Our Close-In Weapon System (CIWS) production facility in Louisville, KY is searching for an early Career Systems Engineer to support the production of the critical Phalanx ship self-defense capability for the U.S. Navy and our international allies. Raytheon offers competitive salaries, benefits, profit sharing, retirement plans, and a comprehensive relocation package!Raytheon Missile Systems is headquartered in Tucson, AZ. The Systems Design Center within the System Design & Performance Directorate has systems design responsibility for programs in the following product lines: Naval and Area Mission Defense, Air Warfare Systems, Land Combat Systems, and Air and Missile Defense Systems. The Systems Design Center is the point organization for coordinating across the various engineering disciplines to ensure the overall technical integrity of the systems being developed. SDC often takes the lead on Failure Review Boards, Engineering Review Boards, and other cross discipline engagements. The center is currently looking for an Early Career Systems Engineer to provide on-site systems engineering and production engineering expertise at the Close-In Weapon System (CIWS) production facility in Louisville, KY.Note: This position can be a Systems Engineer I (G06) or a Systems Engineer II G07) based upon the applicant’s qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience, and responsibility requirements of the position.Required Degree, Skills and Experience:
Are you an early career engineer who sees beyond your project to the overall systems level?
Are you comfortable working on projects that are critical to the defense of our nation?
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens. Desired Skills:
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Math or Physics from an ABET accredited school - graduated 18 months or more ago
- Experience in one or more of the following technical domains: electrical subsystems (circuit cards, power subsystems), mechanical engineering (complex structures, thermal / structural analysis, materials analysis, RF/IR sub-systems), closed-loop controls (control systems, gimballed systems), RF/IR signal processing, complex systems integration and test
- Systems engineering experience with exposure in one or more of the following domains: requirements analysis and development; system performance analysis; integration and verification; and subsystem or system architecture development
- Past work experience in a production environment developing complex, multi-technology systems
- Past work experience interacting with multidisciplinary teams including electrical, mechanical, software, configuration, and logistics engineers
- The position requires being able to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense Secret Clearance
Check us out on YouTube:Raytheon Company OverviewFace to Face: Meet the Navy's Air and Missile Defense RadarPhalanx/SeaRAMRaytheon Top Ten for Organizations for Multicultural Business OpportunitiesGlobal Presence Raytheon's Global Partnerships
- Active Department of Defense clearance
- MS in Engineering, Computer Science, Math or Physics
- Prior work experience giving technical briefs or presentations after synthesizing or generating technical materials from multidisciplinary sources
- Ability to visualize system functionality, to create block diagrams, and to analyze system performance
- Experience with and understanding of requirements development, flowdown, application, and verification
- Ability to analyze issues and define solutions
- Ability to perform trade studies to optimize system performance
- Modeling and Simulation experience
- Complex system performance analysis
- Experience with model-based systems engineering
- Familiarity with DoD customer infrastructure
- Understanding of Systems Engineering Product Development Cycle
- Strong communication and leadership skills including effective written, verbal, and listening skills
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) is the world leader in the design, development and production of missile systems for critical requirement including air-to-air, strike, surface Navy air defense, land combat missiles, guided projectiles, exoatmospheric kill vehicles, missile defense and directed energy weapons. RMS is headquartered in Tucson, Arizona with over 11,000 employees operating at sites across the country and internationally.
Aerospace Engineering, Flight and Aircraft, Manufacturing Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Systems Engineering, All, Engineering Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering, Flight & Aircraft, Manufacturing Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Systems Engineering