Location: Woburn Massachusetts
Security Clearance: Secret
What’s YOUR Mission?Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.Our mission in Business Development (BD) is to achieve top-line growth through business creation by:
The BD function links Raytheon’s technology and innovation with an expanding number of domestic and international customers and in core markets such as sensors, effects, C3I, mission support and cyber.The Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Cyber & Intelligence (C5I) Business Development Director is responsible for leading a team of Business Development Professionals to position and capture new business in a highly competitive market. This position will be responsible for day to day business development operations to include; strategy development, leading business development and capture teams to deliver over $600M in bookings and sales, customer engagement including significant travel to domestic and international customers in many regions throughout the world including Asia, Europe and the Middle East. This role will focus on developing a robust domestic business as the primary responsibility.The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for the following duties:
- Pursuing exceptional customer and market insight
- Developing and executing enterprise strategies
- Building trusted and meaningful relationships with our customers
- Providing our customers with the right solutions
US Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active US Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- Meet all financial targets and commitments including bookings, pipeline growth, new business investment funding, and overhead budgets
- Build improved customer intimacy with all customers in the providing a frequent and consistent message with the use of advanced modeling and simulation, CONOPS, and Ops Research skills.
- Ensure we communicate integrated solutions for C5I modernization to all international customers leveraging Raytheon International country executives and US Business Development teams.
- Direct and manage process for the formulation, implementation and management of discretionary resources.
- Provide expertise to Business Development Executive, Product Line Directors and Vice President, Mission Systems & Sensors (MSS) to plan, coordinate and execute new business investment funds for MSS opportunities in the C5I market space.
- Manage business development process including market assessment, customer engagement, understand procurement requirements, funding capabilities, priorities and functional requirements.
- Plan, coordinate and execute a prioritized synchronization strategy that focuses on closing pursuits that impact the current Annual Operating Plan followed by our long term growth plans.
- Coordinate and manage New Business Investment (NBI), capture/proposal gate reviews, program performance reviews, technical briefings and customer visits.
- Supervise and direct the day to day activities aligned to the C5I product area.
- Role will require ability to travel 50%
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 14 years of prior relevant experience
- Experience in government, defense, aerospace or related industry
- 10 years of experience developing and closing new business
- Understanding of the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) Policy
- Understanding and knowledge of the US acquisition process for both Foreign Military Sales (FMS) and Direct Commercial Sales (DCS)
- Knowledge of new business development processes including strategy, capture, and funding
- Ability to travel (including internationally) up to 50%
- Ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care. Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at www.raytheon.com.Stay Connected: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at Raytheon. Are you ready to be remarkable with Raytheon?Raytheon: Why I Choose RaytheonRaytheon: Making the World a Safer PlaceDiversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."- Thomas A. KennedyRaytheon Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
- Ability to present and communicate with people within the organization and client organizations at all levels
- Relevant country and industry experience with an established network across government and business organizations around the globe
- Ability to communicate directly and effectively with key decision makers
- Previous business development experience within defense industry
- Operational/command experience with C5I systems
- Relevant language skills and cultural awareness
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field such as Business, Engineering, International Relations, etc.
- Master’s Degree
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Business Development, General Management, Marketing, Sales, All Business Development, General Management, Marketing, Sales