Location: Tewksbury Massachusetts
Security Clearance: Secret - Current
What’s YOUR Mission?Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.The Director, Capture Management Excellence (CMX) is responsible for leading a world class capture organization for Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems (IDS). This role will be accountable for defining the standards, processes and tools utilized across the business for all capture efforts. Provides expertise to ensure that the proper capture win strategy is aligned internally with the companies’ growth objectives. Additional responsibilities include developing, certifying and slating all capture manager positions and proposal teams, providing price to win (PTW) and competitive intelligence (CI) support, development of leading indicators and metrics to access the health of our growth initiatives, engagement within and across the enterprise leveraging lateral processes and talent, and accountability for the accelerated development of capture leaders and teams. Drives the professional development of the Business Development (BD) profession within IDS based on the BD Competency and capability model. As a member of the Business Development & Strategy Leadership Team, you will be actively involved in shaping the future direction of IDS. Specific Responsibilities:
US Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active US Security Clearance on day 1 of employment.Basic Qualifications:
- Assess and refine IDS Competitive Capture Competencies
- Ensure Capture Management (CM) bench strength and grow pipeline of certified capture leaders
- Support CM work force to facilitate business growth & align talent for best organizational fit
- Refine and maintain an IDS tiered CM Certification process in alignment with Corporate Standards
- Provide visible path for CM and proposal manager growth and career progression
- Establish a CM community of practice and drive continuous/experiential learning
- Ensure capture discipline and alignment with funding, schedule and WIN rate expectations.
- Own Best in Class CM Standards, Process, Tools, Best Practices
- Support / Enhance Competitiveness
- Manage Capture milestone review cycle and metrics, provide course correction assistance on troubled efforts
- Provide input to CM Process, Training Tool Consistency and Discipline
- Manage Certification Review Board Process for CMs and proposal managers
- Leverage CME Enterprise Assets & actively engage in CMX forums
- Responsible for the development of the BD Profession based on the BD Competency and Capability model
- Minimum of 14 years of prior relevant experience
- Experience in leadership level roles
- Experience in government, defense, aerospace or related industry
- Minimum of 8 years of experience leading competitive captures
- Demonstrated knowledge of capture management processes and tools; specifically, Integrated Product Development System (IPDS), PTW, and CI or comparable systems and tools
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Current Secret Security clearance
- This position requires a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care. Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at www.raytheon.com.Stay Connected: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at Raytheon. Are you ready to be remarkable with Raytheon?Raytheon: Why I Choose RaytheonRaytheon: Making the World a Safer Place“Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."- Thomas A. KennedyRaytheon Chairman and Chief Executive OfficerThis position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- 16+ Years of experience in leadership positions and 10+ years experience leading competitive captures
- Experience presenting to and interacting with senior Leadership and DoD Customers
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment with time critical requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in building and leading high-performing and diverse teams
- Communication/presentation, analytical and problem solving skills at executive levels in industry and government
- Experience in generating proposals and supporting subsequent contract negotiations
- Masters of Science or MBA from an accredited university or college
- Top Secret clearance with the ability to achieve SAP/SAR
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Business Development, All Business Development