Security Clearance: Secret
Job Description:In support of the ASSF-TP Program Manager (PM), the General Command of Police Special Units (GCPSU) Deputy (DPM) will manage the performance, delivery of training, and quality assurance for training teams conducting Train, Advise, Assist and Mentor (TAAM) with the Afghan National Police (ANP), General Command of Police Special Units (GCPSU) Headquarters, Special Police Training Wing (SPTW), National Mission Units (NMU), and with regional Police Special Units (PSU) across Afghanistan. Responsible to provide subject matter expertise to the requirement owner; program administration, personnel hiring, conflict management, equipment accountability/Oversight; and subcontractor/supplier oversight. Monitor training and actively assist or provide direction as needed based on close coordination with the Requirement Owner (RO) and the PM. Maintain and deliver all required reports to the ASSF-TP PM. Travel to team locations to assess training, conduct customer visits, and engage employees. The GCPSU DPM reports to the ASSF-TP PM and must have experience within Raytheon’s program management process, systems and policies. Required Hours:Work may include nights, holidays, and weekends on short notice. Standard will be to conduct training six (6) days per week for up to twelve (12) hours per day while at OCONUS work site(s) and a standard 40 hour work week while at CONUS work sites. Responsibilities:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of subordinate training teams assigned within the GCPSU.
- Submit periodic reports to the ASSF-TP PM and the Program Management Operations (PMO).
- Interact with and maintain visibility of all Sub Contractors (SubK), foster and ensure positive relations/rapport with employees, the customer/client, and Afghan counterparts.
- Supervise the GCPSU, ASOM, and SPTW Team Leaders.
- Manage PM and Country Management Team policies, procedures, and guidance.
- Interact with US, NATO, and coalition force military personnel; nest and synchronize TAAM efforts with customer/client goals and objectives.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Background/familiarity with the management and training of law enforcement officials, and Afghan Ministry of Interior (MOI) processes and procedures.
- Must have a strong/successful background in Program Management/Leadership in the military or civilian experience.
- Must have a minimum experience of 12 months working in the Middle East,
- Strong/Proven Team Building Skills with a collaborative management style with the ability to integrate guidance and direction from the ASSF-TP PM and the RO.
- Must have exceptional interpersonal, relationship building, and customer service skills.
- Must have exceptional organizational and risk management/mitigation skills.
- Must have exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Possess exceptional Personal Computer (PC), SharePoint, and MS Office Skills. Combat Arms Military Education Level 4 graduate (Command and Staff College) graduate.
- Must have experience in managing Export Controlled technical data
- Must possess a US Passport with at least 6 months of remaining eligibility
- Must be able to obtain an Afghanistan Visa
- This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Security Clearance Requirement: Must have an active DoD SECRET security clearance. Clearance is required to access and handle classified and personal personnel material, attend project meetings, and/or work within restricted areas unescorted.Desired Qualifications:
- Include but are not limited to the wear of body armor and helmet (Personal Protective Gear), unassisted lifting and carrying of duffle bags not to exceed the weight of 70 lbs per piece, and the unassisted movement over uneven terrain.
- Must be willing to work and live in Afghanistan with an understanding that there could be further assignments to any location in Afghanistan based upon the needs of the U.S. Government, to include hostile and austere areas.
- Must be able to attend and pass USG deployment requirements at CONUS Replacement Center (CRC), Fort Bliss, Texas.
- Must meet the medical requirements for the position being offered as determined by a pre-employment medical screening and in accordance with published CRC and USCENTCOM medical deployment standards.
- Must be able to walk or stand on level and/or inclined surfaces up to eight (8) hours per day and sit for up to three (3) hours per day.
- Must be able to routinely climb / descend stairs.
- Must be able to routinely grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbows / knees, and reach above / below shoulders.
- Must be able to read and interpret newspaper and typewritten print.
- Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear.
- Employee will be required to work and live in a potentially hostile environment, at remote locations, and under austere conditions.
- Employee may be required to respond to a wide variety of operational circumstances, under extreme weather conditions, within a hostile environment.
- The individual may be exposed to extreme noise from aircraft, hostile fire, and other acts of aggression associated with this region.
Required Education:Bachelor's degree from accredited school & eight (8) years of related experience, OR six (6) years related experience with Master's degree. Eight (8) years of additional equivalent work experience (16 total years) may be accepted in lieu of BA/BS education requirement. Contractor personnel shall comply with all theater command policies, regulations, and General Orders. All tours are unaccompanied.
- Afghan Special Security Forces experience/familiarity.
- Policing experience at the law enforcement management level or higher.
- Knowledge of NATO structures and operations.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions tosolve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automatedoperations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clearinsight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business areagenerated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, ourleaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in amulticultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hirepeople who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion toadvance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Training and Development, Warfighter Support Services, All, WSS Training & Development