Location: Tucson Arizona
Security Clearance: Secret
POSITION OVERVIEW: Tool Engineering is a career field that specializes in designing custom solutions to support manufacturing, assembly, machine tools, inspection, and test throughout the product lifecycle. Focus areas include assembly, automation, material handling, molds, gages, and assembly aids. Tool Engineers should be well versed in design for manufacturability, material sciences, and machine shop fabrication practices. Tool Engineers use computer aided design technology to generate 3-dimensional models and technical drawing packages. They must have a good understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing and be able to apply it when creating drawings. Tool Engineers oversee projects from development to implementation and strive to incorporate safe, ergonomic, error-proofed, and innovative solutions into the factory. Tooling Engineers must also have an understanding of value engineering to enable them to provide quality and cost effective solutions to the customer every time.POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- 4 years of practical Tool Engineering experience designing any of the following type of types of Tooling: Gauges, Molds, Fixtures, Assembly Jigs, Material Handling Applications, Lifting Devices and etc.
- 4 years of practical experience creating 2D Tool Engineering drawings including the utilization of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Must be a Highly Proficient user of CAD with a minimum of 3,000 hours of experience
- Ability to investigate and analyze data associated with manufacturing issues and produce tooling solutions as applicable.
- Ensure designs are safe, producible, and reliable, incorporate ergonomic factors and meet function of design requirements.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
WORKING ENVIRONMENT:This position involves direct support of manufacturing activities and requires spending significant amounts of time in and around factory areas.EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:· BS Engineering: Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Manufacturing Engineering Technology or Industrial TechnologyEXPERIENCE LEVEL:· 4 or more years of relevant experienceThis position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- Experience designing Machine or Automation Equipment
- Experience designing MOLD’s (Compression, Injection, RTM, and etc)
- Tooling Proposal Experience for Design & Labor
- GD&T Certification
- Machine Shop Experience
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) is the world leader in the design, development and production of missile systems for critical requirement including air-to-air, strike, surface Navy air defense, land combat missiles, guided projectiles, exoatmospheric kill vehicles, missile defense and directed energy weapons. RMS is headquartered in Tucson, Arizona with over 11,000 employees operating at sites across the country and internationally.
Manufacturing Engineering, All, Engineering Manufacturing Engineering