Location: Salt Lake City Utah
Security Clearance: Top Secret - Current
Raytheon Applied Signal Technology is a diversified intelligence and defense company that develops systems to provide integrated sensor and signal processing products in support of intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance.
Our Engineering Division has a need for a Software Engineer to design, build, integrate, and maintain advanced high-capacity systems that process modern high-speed communications for the US intelligence community. The successful candidate shall be skilled at the integration and maintenance of a product, including debugging issues to root causes. Work during non-traditional hours will be required in order to support integration and installation of AST products, to include weekends. The successful candidate will also have a solid understanding of concepts related to networking, software architecture, and standard programming practices.
In this position you will work on unusually complex technical problems and provide solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious. Application of advanced technical principles, theories and concepts will be necessary while contributing to the development of new principles and concepts and ensuring proper setup, configuration, and functionality of systems being deployed. Work will be performed under consultative direction toward predetermined long-range goals and objectives. Assignments will frequently be self-initiated. Representation as the organizational spokesperson on projects will be necessary. Advice will be provided to management and customers on product and system solutions to customer’s needs.
The candidate will work with other experienced developers in our Salt Lake City office for the protection of our country. The successful candidate will also generate briefings and present material clearly to team members, customers, and Raytheon Applied Signal Technology management as necessary.Required Skills:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience developing in C++ in a Linux environment
- Experience with system-level integration and testing, specifically, the integration of advanced, custom processing systems, testbeds, and software
- Experience verifying and validating the software and system work as intended.
- Experience recognizing and responding to urgent system demands
- Experience working both in a team environment and individually
- Experience developing, coding, testing, and debugging complex algorithms
- Experience working on large complex systems
- Ability to occasionally work unconventional hours to support installation,
- Existing TS clearance (Active within the last 24 months)
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systemsU.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.Desired Skills:
- Experience with User Interface development
- Experience with Qt
- Experience and/or knowledge of network protocols, such as TCP/IP
- Experience with or basic understanding of telecommunications systems concepts and/or signal processing
- Experience with Object Oriented Design and Development
- Experience with Configuration Management tools, such as git
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python and Perl
- Experience with process improvement
- Existing TS/SCI clearance (Active within the last 24 months)
Required Education (including major):
Bachelors of Science (BS) Degree. Majors include: Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Physics.Desired Education (including major):
Masters of Science (MS) Degree. Majors include: Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Physics. 117645
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.Raytheon
is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter
Software Engineering, All, Engineering Software Engineering