Location: Tucson Arizona
Security Clearance: Secret
This position can be a Salary Grade G06 or Salary Grade G07 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.This position will report into the Information Technology Software Engineering Solutions department, which is responsible for providing IT solutions to all Software Engineering related disciplines within RMS. The Information Technologist I will have primary duties in the support of various Software Engineering applications, which includes installation support, licensing administration, software maintenance, automation scripting, general application troubleshooting, and documentation. This individual will work across IT and Engineering functions to ensure the applications meet IT security and infrastructure standards, and that the delivered software meets the requirements of the Engineering community. The selected individual should be a self-starter with the ability to identify, plan and implement application automation, and support requirements to continuously simplify and improve the supported Engineering software. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Minimum Required Skills:
- Partner with Engineering to provide the delivery and technical support of Software Engineering based software applications with disciplines in software architecture, design, analysis, requirements management, mathematical and technical computing.
- Assist with application deployment, problem resolution, integration, customization, and training
- Develop and deploy automation and technical solutions with a focus on the installation and configuration of engineering application software
- Collaborate with counterparts at other Raytheon businesses to help develop new enterprise solutions, and leverage the value of existing shared solutions
- Provide technical guidance to management on engineering automation solutions and application selection
- Support enterprise and business initiatives that may include tool trade studies, tool and integration evaluation, environment deployment, support, and training
Highly Desired Skills:
- BS with a major in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or related field is required
- Demonstrated experience in testing, troubleshooting, deployment and support of software applications in an enterprise environment
- Passion and tenacity for solving challenging technical problems, and a desire to help others
- Possess the necessary interpersonal skills to work effectively with all levels of the organization, within a team environment and individually
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to articulate complex technical concepts in terms that can be understood by multiple audiences
- Linux and/or Windows system administration proficiency with the following Operating Systems: RHEL 6/7, Windows 7/10, Windows Server 2012/2016
- Candidate must be able to obtain a security clearance. U.S.Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- Experience implementing new tools and processes in a business environment
- Working knowledge of Engineering software such as Jenkins, Klocwork, Team Foundation Server and IBM Rational tools
- Automation or DevOps experience using one or more of the following technologies: Batch, AutoIt, Bash, PERL, Python, Java, Docker, Rundeck, Chef, etc
- Knowledge of software development and/or software configuration management processes
- Experience working with virtualization technology such as VMWare, Hyper-V, or VirtualBox
- Computer networking proficiency
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) is the world leader in the design, development and production of missile systems for critical requirement including air-to-air, strike, surface Navy air defense, land combat missiles, guided projectiles, exoatmospheric kill vehicles, missile defense and directed energy weapons. RMS is headquartered in Tucson, Arizona with over 11,000 employees operating at sites across the country and internationally.
Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Configuration Management, Information and Knowledge Systems, Integration and Test Engineering, Intelligence Analyst, All, Engineering Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Computer/Management Information Systems, Configuration Management, Information and Knowledge Systems, Integration & Test Engineering, Intelligence Analyst