Raytheon offers an innovative and inclusive culture; welcoming diversity and collaboration and providing numerous opportunities for career growth.
As a Principal Quality Assurance Engineer within the Patriot Radar Integrated Product Team (IPT), you’ll support business initiatives/objectives and represent the customers’ best interests, assuring product quality and effectiveness throughout the product life cycle from design through post-delivery support.
You’ll report to the Radar Integrated Product Team Quality Lead and will be responsible for the daily support of Integrated Product Team production, including implementation and execution of Quality, Mission Assurance and contractual requirements throughout initial planning, design/development, production and deployment as well as fielded product support for several programs within the Radar IPT scope..
The Patriot Radar IPT operates in a fast paced and dynamic environment supporting multiple customers through prime contract requirement flow down and execution.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Using your strong interpersonal skills to present critical issues to leadership, influence cross functional groups, and manage customer expectations.
• Working with Technical Data Packages and Manufacturing Data Packages to perform detailed technical evaluations involving reviews of drawings and specifications
• Active involvement in daily operations with IPT teammates to direct, influence and monitor the IPT’s activities. These groups include IPT management, integrated supply chain, operations, manufacturing engineering, process engineering, test engineering, quality engineering, and materials engineering.
• Assist in devising and implementing change strategies using Raytheon Six Sigma and Lean methodologies.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
Travel may be required (5-10% domestic and international).
• 8+ years’ Quality, Manufacturing, or Industrial Engineering experience
• Experience leading Root Cause/Corrective Action investigations
• US Citizenship is required
• Ability to identify issues and develop a plan to resolve those issues in a fast pace environment
• Experience in the aerospace/defense industry
• Ability to interpret and execute policies and procedures that typically affect subordinate organizational units. Recommends modifications to operating policies.
• Ability to exercise sound judgment and apply decision–making skills with appropriate supervisory intervention
• Demonstrated ability to understand drawings, work instructions, Bill of Materials (BOMs), consumable materials control, process disciplines and tool control
• Ability to lead in a team-based manufacturing environment and make decisions with minimal supervision
• Ensures that projects are completed on schedule and within budget
• Customer focused with a background that includes customer interfacing and relationship building
• Statistical Analysis Background
• Metrics driven and success oriented
• High computer literacy and proficiency with confidence and skill working with Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
• Experience with SAP or PRISM (Process Reinvention Integrating Systems for Manufacturing)
• Raytheon Six Sigma Specialist
• ASQ Certification (CQE, CQM/OE, CSQE, CQA, CRE, etc.), Lean/Six Sigma or other contemporary methodologies and tools for continuous improvement.
• Advanced Quality Science tool experience, e.g., PFMEA, DFMEA
• Strong, Flexible, Self-confident team player
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) and solid interpersonal skills
• Internalized understanding of Mission Assurance Objectives
• Experience working with suppliers/subcontractors providing both build to print and modified COTS products. Knowledge of supplier with key sub-tier supplier relationships a plus
• Possess an understanding of contract flow, configuration management and other processes that support multi-functional teams and programs
• Familiarity with ISO 9001 and AS9100 requirement
• Must have the ability to obtain a US government SECRET security clearance (or higher)
• Master’s degree level preferred.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics or a Technical Discipline
Raytheon Company is a global technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, government and cybersecurity markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems; as well as a broad range of mission support services.
Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems brings together the talented professionals, cutting-edge technologies and innovative solutions that ensure the success of our customers’ missions worldwide.
Key elements of our growth include our strong commitment to the global marketplace and our superior employee benefits package, including: Medical, Dental and Vision available on Day 1, Holiday time, Paid time off (PTO), Flexible Work Schedules (Every other Friday Off!), 401K with match, Employer Contributed Retirement Income Savings, Employee Discounts, Performance Sharing, Educational Assistance, Continuous Learning and much more.
This job is posted internally as: Principal Quality Assurance Engineer
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.