Location: Tucson Arizona
Security Clearance: None / Not Required
This position is an excellent career-building opportunity for a self-motivated, flexible, and energetic team member. It offers the opportunity to develop solutions for business challenges and to establish a broad network of contacts within Missile Systems, the Corporate Office, and other Raytheon business units. The experience gained will provide a foundation for future career growth through strong networking opportunities and specialized knowledge that is valued across many other roles in the Finance organization.
The selected candidate will lead the Estimate at Completion (“EAC”) process for Raytheon Missile Systems, which is the basis for revenue recognition of the business. The responsibilities of the EAC Compliance Analyst include:
- Leading the quarterly EAC process
- Ensuring all required EACs are performed, approved, and adhere to Company policy
- Ownership of SOX controls over the EAC cycle
- Preparation of the annual risk-based EAC Stratification and quarterly Expected Types reporting
- Creation of EAC trend analysis for management
- Serve as a primary point of contact to support the quarterly and annual external audit requests
- Develop new or improve existing tools for greater efficiency and clearer visibility of EAC status or compliance for use by management
- Coordination with Corporate and other Business Units to benchmark current processes and apply best-in-class solutions related to the EAC cycle
- Participate in project teams to design and implement changes to the EAC processes or training materials
- Providing training and support to the programs related to EAC preparation
- Potential for cross training in other areas within the Accounting organization including financial reporting, project setup, contract review, and internal controls
Minimum Required Skills The ideal candidate must be able to operate in a challenging, deadline-driven, team environment. They must also demonstrate an ability to take ownership of their process area and continually focus on improving the quality and efficiency of their areas of responsibility. This position also requires the individual to build positive relationships with our internal customers throughout Raytheon.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Management Information Systems (“MIS”), or Other Business related field and 4 years finance/accounting experience field or 2 years and ence with a related Master’s degree.
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Strong analytical skills and report development abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently
Highly Desired Skills
- Working knowledge of the Estimate at Completion Process (EAC)
- Knowledge of data warehouse, report, and query design or usage
- Working knowledge of Percentage of Completion Revenue Recognition
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Understanding/working knowledge of SAP (including Business Consolidation System and Business Warehouse Reporting)
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) is the world leader in the design, development and production of missile systems for critical requirement including air-to-air, strike, surface Navy air defense, land combat missiles, guided projectiles, exoatmospheric kill vehicles, missile defense and directed energy weapons. RMS is headquartered in Tucson, Arizona with over 11,000 employees operating at sites across the country and internationally.
Accounting, Finance, All Accounting, Finance