Location: Goleta California
Security Clearance: None / Not Required
***Great opportunity for current seniors in college or recent college graduates. If you are not a current college senior, or a recent college graduate, please visit our other opportunities at www.raytheon.com/careers and apply!***
The Systems Engineering, Integration & Test (SEIT) Electronic Warfare (EW) Electronic Protect (EP) Systems Department has opportunities for a junior engineer to learn and grown in Electronic Warfare. The candidate will obtain experience in developing innovative solutions that meet war-fighter needs to support the EWS business area relating to Electronic Support (ES) and Electronic Attack (EA) capability development.
Become a part of a growing department with 100 engineers supporting 2 mission areas across 5 national locations. Continue to advance in your career with our established career roadmap where you can function as a key individual contributor or technical lead of one of our products. With over 50 active programs, there are multiple opportunities for hands-on integration and test of our products, design and development of subsystem architectures and algorithm development of EW capabilities in signal identification and technique generation.
- Learn about EW Subsystems and their application for situational awareness and countermeasures
- Generation of technical material for submission and/or briefing to senior engineering and program leadership and customers
- Interaction with technical leadership and multi-disciplined teams in the design and development of RF modules and subsystems
- Understanding and generation of subsystem requirements derivation, decomposition, analysis and tracking using a management system
- Supporting integration and test of unclassified EW subsystems
- Engagement with business pursuit in the generation of technical and cost volumes
- Experience in one or more areas of the system development lifecycle
- Experience is conduction data analysis and generation results
- Working knowledge of standard lab equipment (Spectrum Analyzers, Oscilloscopes, and Signal Generators)
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts and engineering principles
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Good verbal communication skills with ability to present data and explain results to management & customers
- Strong Desire to apply degree for problem solving and critical thinking technical challenges
- Electronic Warfare knowledge and experience
- Experience with trouble-shooting and root-cause-corrective action analysis of systems
- Experience generating and presenting technical material
- Working knowledge of software/firmware development embedded on target hardware
- Knowledge of EW/RF/Microwave Systems design and development
- Experience in programming with MATLAB/Simulink
- Works independently, determines & develops approach to solutions.
Required Education (including major): Must have a BS / BA with a major in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics or other related field by Summer 2018 or have graduated within 18 months prior to start date.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.Raytheon
is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter
Systems Engineering, College, Space and Airborne Systems, All, Engineering Systems Engineering