Location: Ottawa Ontario
Security Clearance: Secret
The North Warning System (NWS) is a joint Canada and United States radar system that includes 47 sites spanning the Arctic from Labrador to the Alaskan border. The NWS provides the capability to detect airborne threats across North America’s polar region, providing a command and control capability to the Canadian Air Defence Sector (CADS) of the North American Aerospace Defence Command (NORAD).Raytheon provides Operations and Maintenance (O&M) services for the NWS including full care, custody, and control of the entire system and its components. This includes the radar sites, five logistics support sites (LSSs), a monitoring and control center, and a repair depot. Key activities include maintenance and repair of radar and electronic systems, power generation, and facilities; logistics support; and remote monitoring and control.Raytheon seeks a Drafting/Designing Associate to support the NWS system O&M Program Office in Ottawa. Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performs a wide variety of drafting tasks in support of the engineering and operations organizations.
- Uses computer assisted design (CAD) systems to prepare design layouts, detail and assembly drawings, electrical/mechanical/civil schematics and related documentation in conformance to appropriate program and/or military specifications.
- Operates CAD related equipment such as digitizers, plotters, CRTs and associated peripheral equipment and software.
- Prepares specification and drawing packages, procedures and related engineering change orders for internal and external distribution.
- Prepares printed and digital drawing releases for delivery, including development of associated lists and metadata databases.
- Checks for peer work correctness.
- May assist in directing work, assigning and outlining tasks.
- Perform other duties as assigned, which are unplanned or transient in nature.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- College diploma in engineering design or drafting technology or five years of related experience and completion of drafting course through college or industry.
- Two years of experience in drafting applying industry standards.
- Knowledge of basic drafting and modeling techniques.
- Ability to read and comprehend technical and administrative instructions written in English.
- Basic understanding of engineering and construction documentation.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Possess strong analytical capability, spatial perception, detail-orientated, and communication skills as well as a professional and friendly demeanor.
- Adaptability and ability to manage multiple priorities and work cross-culturally.
Raytheon Canada Limited is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a wide diversity of applicants. Raytheon is committed to providing long-term, sustainable and meaningful economic benefits for Inuit Beneficiaries and their communities through activities such as on-the-job training, mentorship and skills development at all levels of employment. If you are an Inuit Beneficiary or a Land Claim Beneficiary from the Nunatsiavut, Nunavut or Inuvialuit Settlement Region you are encouraged to submit your resume.NWS promotes employment equity as part of the Legislated Employment Equity Program and encourages those who are: a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority to apply. Individuals contacted for a job opportunity should advise the company of any accommodation measures needed in a timely manner.Successful completion of security clearances are required by candidate prior to starting on the program. Candidate must complete a criminal reference check and pass a security clearance check to a level as required for the position through the Canadian Government.
- Provincial/Territorial Association Certification or Autodesk Certified Professional Designation.
- Experience working with Government of Canada CAD requirements.
- Experience working with geographically dispersed locations.
- Experience working with acquisitions by the Canadian Department of National Defense (CDND).
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Administrative Services/Support, Engineering Technology, Warfighter Support Services, All, Engineering Administrative Services/Support, Engineering Technology