Location: Tewksbury Massachusetts
Security Clearance: Secret
Raytheon Company’s Integrated Defense Systems (IDS) Mechanical Engineering Directorate (MED) leads in mechanical hardware design, development and production of radar, sonar, torpedo and ground system equipment, materials science, and manufacturing engineering. The Mechanical Engineering Directorate uses state-of-the-art tools, processes, technology, and Raytheon Six Sigma principles to develop best in class products. MED’s capabilities encompass a broad range of technical disciplines which include engineering, manufacturing, technical services, materials, processes, analysis, configuration, test and documentation.
- Job Description:
- Rapid Hardware Solutions (RHS) is chartered to deliver agile services. We bridge across Operations and Engineering, providing solutions through the execution of quick-turn design, procurement, manufacturing and environmental test services. Skilled in special test equipment, program trainers, environmental test and cooling systems mechanical design. We utilize Pro/Engineer and Common PDM with tailored release processes for maximum cross-use and flexibility. RHS executes prototyping and high-mix/low-rate procurement and fabrication activities with a focus on in-house electro-mechanical packaging, support equipment and liquid cooling systems integration, and partner with outside suppliers to satisfy all demands. We strive to minimize cycle times and provide best value through the utilization of dynamic and agile processes.
This position is for a Senior Manufacturing Engineer in support of RHS Programs. The Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for process planning, incorporating change notifications, defining assembly tooling/equipment, maintenance of RHS Operational Procedures and Work Instructions and supporting safety/quality audits in a fast paced, first time build environment.
In addition to the responsibilities above this position will also require tasks within the RHS Proposals, Planning and Execution section. Responsibilities include proposal support and managing special projects that will include coordinating with ISC, Engineering, QA and internal customers to track budgets and ensure on time delivery.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- 6+ years of Manufacturing Engineering experience
- 4+ years of experience leading teams in a product development environment
- Proficient with Visiprise Manufacturing
- Experience utilizing PRISM
- Six Sigma Specialist Qualified (or equivalent)
- US Citizenship required
- Raytheon business systems and tools that aid in managing labor processes and budgets
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Solid people management and interpersonal skills
- EVMS training and certification
- Organizational skills with attention to detail
- Background or prior experience supporting proposals
- Microsoft Office skills
- Current clearance or the ability to obtain a clearance
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, Math, or equivalent discipline
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Hardware Engineering, Manufacturing, Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, All, Engineering Hardware Engineering, Manufacturing, Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering