Location: El Segundo California
Security Clearance: Secret - Current
Raytheon Space & Airborne Systems is seeking a Principal Software Engineer with Java/J2EE Development, C/C++ development skills needed to support multiple radar ground station programs for the Sensor Command and Control team within the Mission Processing & Data Exploitation department.
Role and Responsibilities include the following areas:
Required Experience, Knowledge and/or Skills:
- Execute to program requirements. Ensure that cost and schedule commitments are being met to ensure on time delivery of the end product deliverables
- Debug, troubleshoot, issue investigation, find root cause and provide corrective action determination to address integration issues
- Interface directly with Raytheon management team and customers in meetings and reviews
- Expand and influence program developments by working closely with the program managers and other engineers to process direction for the program
- Apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts. Contribute to the development of new principles and concepts.
- Work on unusually complex technical problems and provide solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious
- Work effectively and contribute significantly during all phases of the software development life-cycle
- Work proactively to complete tasks with limited oversight direction
- Communicate effectively with team members across disciplines, project management, and customers
- Function as a Team Lead or Technical Lead to other team members
Desired Experience, Knowledge, and/or Skills:
- 8 years software development experience
- Experience developing software utilizing C,C++, Java,J2EE
- Proven experience performing as a lead or main focal for software integration teams
- Proven experience in using Linux/UNIX
- Proven experience in using Waterfall and/or Agile Scrum methodology
- Proven experience in writing software test plan and test procedures
- Proven experience leading cross-team integration efforts
- Proven Experience with sensor planning software and sensor simulator test tools
- Proven experience with streamlining processes to increase the team’s productivity and efficiency
- Experience with implementing Graphical User Interface applications with Environmental Systems Research Institute (ESRI) geographic information system mapping or NASA World Wind mapping.
- Possess and demonstrate excellent interpersonal, presentation and verbal/written communication skills.
- Active DOD Secret Clearance and be able to obtain Top Secret Clearance
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- Ability to access US only data systems
Required Education Requirement:
- Strong organizational skills and ability to motivate and lead a team
- Ability to multi-task, to support multiple customers, and to work within specific schedule and cost constraints
- Ability to support engineering team members on various programs
- Experience with cross-platform development and test environments
- Excellent time management skills
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture messaging protocol
- Experience with Raytheon’s Development Process
- Experience in Agile/Scrum, Continuous Integration Environments
- Experience with configuration management using TRAC and Git
- Software or Systems Engineering Integration expertise
B.S. Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, System Engineering or other Engineering disciplineDesired Education Requirement:
M.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Systems Engineering 117765
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.Raytheon
is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter
Software Engineering, All, Engineering Software Engineering