Location: El Segundo California
Security Clearance: Secret - Current
The Enabling Technologies and Solutions (ET&S) Finance Team in El Segundo, CA is seeking a highly motivated Business Manager join the Secure Sensor Solutions (S3) Mission Area of Raytheon’s Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) division. The Business Manager will be responsible for managing the financial performance of the Open Architecture Systems (OAS) product line under ET&S which includes a number of development and production programs, strategic pursuits, Customer Research and Development (CRAD) programs, and Internal Research and Development (IRAD) projects. In addition the Business Manager will be responsible for managing the overhead budget, New Business Investment (NBI) budget, and the balance sheet for OAS. Responsible for an organization of 9 people with the near term expectation of additional growth.
This position requires proactive leadership and significant interaction with Program Directors, Program Managers, and customer representatives from finance and contracts teams to ensure alignment regarding strategy, operating and financial objectives. The Business Manager is a strategic business partner to various functional teams and works in collaboration on the successful capture/execution of proposals, Gate reviews, contract negotiations, financial reporting and EACs. The majority of this portfolio is classified.
The selected candidate must be able to work under deadlines and constraints as well as have the ability to multitask across a variety of programs. This position requires the ability to provide top level program planning and control guidance as well as the ability to summarize, package, and present information to all levels of management. As a strategic business partner, the successful candidate will collaborate with the OAS Director and the ET&S Finance lead as well as other functional leads to ensure the successful execution of quarterly EACs, monthly Operating Reviews, as well as AOP forecasting and maintenance.
Specific areas of responsibility include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensures adequate financial controls that provide a balance between finance goals and operation’s goals.
- Responsible for preparing finance charts for Program Management Reviews
- Responsible for preparing monthly operating reviews, EACs, financial overviews and other reporting activities as required
- Responsible for SAP Earned Value (EV) Reporting
- Create and maintain EV artifacts including Control Account Document, Secondary Work Authorizations, WBS Dictionary, Program Log and Responsibility Accountability Matrix
- Serve as the Lead for the development of the OAS five year strategic and annual operating plans and related analysis as well as having the ability to coordinate the accumulation and presentation of nonfinancial data
- Support the monthly closing process, provide variance analysis and work within the business and with S3 Finance Team.
- Leads planning and forecasting processes for OAS
- Provide cost, schedule, financial analysis/reporting, funding planning, reporting, monitoring, and analysis support to the OAS Director, utilizing standard company tools, and in compliance with standard processes
- Reviews financial reports, presentations and bids for accuracy and completeness.
- Responsible for reviewing and analyzing contract modifications for financial correctness.
- Provides variance analysis and month/year-end close reporting and monitoring, working capital monitoring and analysis, program financial forecasting and contract closeouts
- Perform Business Case analysis and Return on Investment (ROI) analysis in support of new business
- Leads cost strategy effort for proposals for competitive procurements
- Manage several direct reports and responsible for direct reports’ performance and provide guidance regarding career development plan
- 10+ years applicable work Financial Management and Programs Experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence senior leaders, team members
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate in a team environment and lead teams to success
- Prior Finance leadership experience, proven experience effectively leading/managing/developing teams
- Working knowledge of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) concepts, related systems, and processes
- Demonstrated expertise in understanding disclosure statements and classifying tasks/activities by appropriate “color of money” – Direct, Overhead, Selling, Bid and Proposal (B&P), IRAD, and Capital
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive, creative, and innovative and use critical and strategic thinking
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Demonstrated experience with SAP accounting system tools
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project)
- Demonstrated sense of urgency and ability to meet multiple commitments as expected
- Budgeting and variance analysis skills
- Risk and Opportunity analysis skills
- U.S. Citizenship and ability to access to US only data systems
- Must hold active Secret clearance with TS strongly preferred
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Bachelor’s degree. Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or related field preferred. 117757
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.Raytheon
is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter
Finance, Space and Airborne Systems, All Finance