Location: Tucson Arizona
Security Clearance: None / Not Required
Job Description: Serves as the Business Analyst on one or more agile software development teams.Understands RMS business processes and systems to support the development and enhancement efforts of custom-built business applications.Engaged in the requirements gathering, design, development, test and deployment of internally developed IT solutions that may span across functional organizations. These projects may span IT and partner organizations (Functions, Product Lines). Responsible for upfront identification and analysis of project data needs. Provides guidance on data and business requirements to project teams. Keeps current on advances in the field of IT. Works on development teams under the direction of an assigned Project Manager. Candidate must be able to participate as part of the overall team and actively participate in the Agile Scrum process, exhibiting ownership of tasks assigned, follow through, initiative, awareness and effective communication with internal business customers, co-workers and manager.Responsibilities:
Minimum Required Skills:
- Partners with customer organizations and programs to help identify business requirements.
- Works with Business Partners and Project Manager to identify and guide product owners on Scrum teams.
- Works closely with a development team to turn business requirements into technical requirements and design.
- Provides data analysis expertise to Business Partners, IT Architects and project teams
- Searches for creative ways to elevate the capabilities of technology systems to meet business needs.
- Identifies process improvement and change management opportunities
- Applies extensive technical expertise and is knowledgeable of other related disciplines.
- Bachelors degree in IT or STEM degree and a minimum of 6 years progressive experience in information systems, demonstrating strong skills in the application development lifecycle, requirements gathering, and customer relationship management.
Highly Desired Skills:
- Expertise in the software development process, including requirements gathering, analysis and design, development tools and technologies, release and version control, testing methodologies and deployment.
- Understanding of how to leverage business applications to meet business needs and ability to multitask in a cross-functional environment.
- Excellent oral/written communications with the ability to present and explain technical information.
- Knowledge of business needs with the ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence.
- Ability to communicate and document project needs and schedules, ensuring plans are in place and adherence to standards.
- Strong teamwork, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Technical expertise in hardware and systems software with ability to deliver projects using leading edge technology.
- Understanding of Agile software development methodologies and IPDS software development process.
- Experience creating reports and analysis solutions using data from SAP APEX & PRISM sources (Finance, SCM, Material Movement, Planning, Quality, and Inventory)
- Certifications in Oracle, SAP technologies, Tableau or BI Professional
- Experience developing BI applications in a portal environment, e.g. SharePoint
- Experience working with Agile Development methodologies, e.g. Scrum
- SAP BW305 & SAP BW310 training
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) is the world leader in the design, development and production of missile systems for critical requirement including air-to-air, strike, surface Navy air defense, land combat missiles, guided projectiles, exoatmospheric kill vehicles, missile defense and directed energy weapons. RMS is headquartered in Tucson, Arizona with over 11,000 employees operating at sites across the country and internationally.
Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Configuration Management, Hardware Engineering, Information and Knowledge Systems, Intelligence Analyst, All, Engineering Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Computer/Management Information Systems, Configuration Management, Hardware Engineering, Information and Knowledge Systems, Intelligence Analyst