Location: El Segundo California
Security Clearance: None / Not Required
As a member of the Advanced Early Warning Reconnaissance Systems (AEWRS) Finance Team, the selected individual will provide financial leadership to programs within the Advanced Early Warning Systems (AEWS) product line. The AEWS product line consists of multiple programs, each with varying contract geometry (CPFF, FPIF, T&M. and FFP) types, as well as varying product lifecycle (development/production/sustainment).
This lead role will develop financial strategies through critical thinking and problem solving, and suggest recommendations to an evolving organization that is providing next generation solutions for both domestic and international applications. The position requires a thorough knowledge of Raytheon policies pertaining to the 10255 EVM Process Description. This includes facilitating successful deployment of the EVMS toolset including SAP EV and PMX and accountability and engagement in program performance reviews and analyzing EACs including risk and opportunity management. The selected individual will also be relied be an active participant in the development and analysis of the financial forecasting (Bookings, Sales, Profit, Cash).
This Lead Role will work directly with external customers, developing front-end of the business analysis and presentations and consequently participating in negotiations. The successful candidate will need the skills of influence and persuasion to focus business results in a cost vs. benefit or risk vs. benefit framework, financially and operationally through shaping of decision making and coaching across the matrix.
- 6 Years of finance experience
- Lead a team of 2-4 financial analysts through daily guidance and coaching, regular reviews of work products and work prioritization
- Financial planning and analysis (FP&A) responsibility as it relates to bookings, sales, profit, and cash, including planning of and tracking to the annual operating plan and five year financial plan
- Support negotiation of cost reimbursable and fixed price contracts with fee arrangements that are a result of the Department of Defense’s Better Buying Power 3.0, including cost plus incentive fee, and/or fixed price incentive fee with performance based payments, as applicable
- Analyze and review EAC data, Earned Value metrics, and variance explanations for all program labor and non-labor cost elements including Supply Chain and Operations
- Ability to drive change and influence beyond authority program and product line leadership, promoting financial recommendations and cost reduction opportunities to ensure program performance and customer satisfaction
- Understand AEWRS financial challenges and goals, and associated fiduciary responsibilities to the greater Raytheon enterprise to successfully promote financial analysis and recommendations
- 6+years of related experience
- Proficient with APEX, PRISM, and related financial systems, SAP, BPS, and MS Project
- External Earned Value Management Reporting (i.e., IPMR formats 1-7, CFSR, CCDR, etc.) experience
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, changing environment with various functional disciplines, e.g., Contracts, Engineering, Operations and Supply Chain Management (SCM)
- Ability to shape discussions that require a fiduciary responsibility and an openness to generating optimum solutions and act as the voice of finance within regulatory boundaries
- Manufacturing and SCM process knowledge
- Good organizational skills in leading/coordinating/influencing personnel toward common finance goals by setting priorities and working to deadlines and commitments
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) to support the preparation and presentation of written briefs and summaries for internal/external dissemination
- Proficient use of MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Occasional travel to customer and supplier sites
- Proficient use of MPM and wInsight tools
- Working knowledge of proposal preparation and ACES
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting and 6 years of relevant work experience or a Master’s in Business Administration and 4 years of directly related work experience in providing financial analytics and business support for contract activities.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.Raytheon
is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter
Finance, All Finance