Location: El Segundo California
Security Clearance: Secret - Current
Raytheon Space & Airborne Systems is seeking a Senior Software Engineer with Java/J2EE Development, C/C++ development skills needed to support multiple radar ground station programs for the Sensor Command and Control team within the Mission Processing & Data Exploitation department.
Role and Responsibilities include the following areas:
- Provide software engineering support to sensor ground station programs with a heavy emphasis on software throughout the product lifecycle: requirements, design, development, test
- Support development activities under both waterfall and Agile development methodologies
- Develop software with traceability to customer specifications.
- Ensure that cost and schedule commitments are being met
- Work proactively to complete tasks with limited oversight and direction
- Communicate effectively with team members across disciplines, project management, and customers
- Debug, troubleshoot, issue investigation, find root cause and provide corrective action determination to address integration issues
- Interface directly with Raytheon management team and customers in meetings and reviews
Required Experience, Knowledge and/or Skills:
- 4+ years software engineering experience
- Experience developing software utilizing C,C++, Java, J2EE,
- Experience with configuration management
- Proven experience in using Linux/UNIX
- Proven experience in using Waterfall and/or Agile Scrum methodology
- Proven experience in writing software test plan and test procedures
- Experience with streamlining processes to increase the team’s productivity and efficiency
- Experience with implementing Graphical User Interface applications.
- Possess and demonstrate excellent interpersonal, presentation and verbal/written communication skills.
- Active DoD Secret clearance
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems
Desired Experience, Knowledge, and/or Skills:
- More than 6 years of experience in systems engineering
- Domain knowledge about Air Force Distributed Common Ground System (AF DCGS)
- Domain knowledge about intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) imaging sensors carried aboard U-2 and/or Global Hawk platforms
- Domain knowledge about mission planning, particularly sensor planning
- Formal training and/or certifications in the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Ability to multi-task, to support multiple customers, and to work within specific schedule and cost constraints
- Ability to support engineering team members on various programs
- Experience with cross-platform development and test environments
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture messaging protocol
- Experience with (Fortify) static analysis tools.
- Experience in Agile/Scrum, Continuous Integration Environments
- Experience with implementing Graphical User Interface applications with Environmental Systems Research Institute (ESRI) geographic information system mapping or NASA World Wind mapping.
- Experience using Linux, Solaris, or other UNIX operating system—Linux strongly preferred
- Experience developing software using Java, C, C++, Puppet, Web development, VMWare Horizon
- Ability to represent the company to customers in a highly professional manner through email, teleconferences, and in-person presentations
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance, or ability to obtain such a clearance
- Active SCI clearances relevant to AF DCGS, or ability to obtain such clearances
Required Education Requirement: B.S. Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, System Engineering or other Engineering discipline
Desired Education Requirement: M.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Systems Engineering
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.Raytheon
is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter
Software Engineering, All, Engineering Software Engineering