Location: El Segundo California
Security Clearance: None / Not Required
The Hardware Engineering Center (HWEC) is an engineering organization that focuses on product producibility and mission assurance. It is a vital link in the integrated product development process that allows Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems to introduce reliable new products faster, better, and more economically.
HWEC seeks a motivated Sr. Mechanical Engineer I willing to apply their knowledge and experience in optical design, analysis, integration, and test to the development of advanced optical imaging telescopes, spectrometers, sensors, and special test equipment. Tasks may include performing critical opto-mechanical designs, perform conceptual and detailed mechanical design of Antennas, RF products/sub-systems, EO Sensors, Laser products and Electronic components / devices for application in ground, airborne and space-based defense. Responsibilities may include the design of structures, mechanisms, thermal systems and electronic enclosures. Candidate will be expected to follow established procedures and instructions while working closely with program / functional supervision to ensure the overall design objectives are met. Contacts are primarily with the immediate section manager, team lead, project leaders and other personnel (peers) within the applicable program.
Position is with the Optics & Lasers – Integrated Products in El Segundo, California.
- Minimum of 12 years of industry experience with an Associate's Degree, or 8 years of experience with a Bachelor's Degree
- Experience in mechanical engineering design and product support
- Ability to apply basic principles, theories, and concepts within the mechanical engineering field and general knowledge of other related disciplines
- Direct experience in developing detail mechanical designs and documentation packages for optical and/or mechanical systems
- Experience with electro-optical and electro-mechanical program manufacturing operations and processes
- Experience in design assembly and integration of mechanical / optical systems
- Experience in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance analysis for drawings
- Proficiency with CREO modeling and analysis tools
- Experience with M/S Office Tools i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Ability to develop conceptual designs in support of new business initiatives
- Ability to obtain DoD Secret security clearance
- US Citizenship
- CAD software, especially Creo and Windchill
- Hands on experience in Electro-optical sensors
- Microsoft Project
- Prior experience in Defense or Aerospace
- Existing DoD security clearance
Minimum of 12 years of industry experience with an Associate's Degree, or 8 years of experience with a Bachelor's Degree
Advanced degree in a related field
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.Raytheon
is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter
Electrical Engineering, Hardware Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Space and Airborne Systems, All, Engineering Electrical Engineering, Hardware Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering