Location: Dallas Texas
Security Clearance: None / Not Required
***Great opportunity for current seniors in college or recent college graduates. If you are not a current college senior, or a recent college graduate, please visit our other opportunities at www.raytheon.com/careers and apply!***
The Hardware Engineering Center (HWEC) is an engineering organization that focuses on product producibility and mission assurance. It is a vital link in the integrated product development process that allows Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) to introduce reliable new products faster, better, and more economically.
Development of assembly methods, materials, and processes for current and next generation microwave and mmWave products, with a very heavy emphasis on cutting edge automation and materials. Will work hand-in-hand with process product engineers, quality engineers, reliability engineers, and manufacturing engineers to produce microwave and mmWave assemblies. You will be developing and implementing materials and processes, process improvements, and equipment selection using established statistical process control techniques, experimental designs, material analysis, and mechanical design analysis. Evaluation of materials, equipment and processes (including qualification, acceptance testing, and specification development) will be required including interfacing with key internal and external suppliers to resolve technical issues.
- 0 to 1 years experience in microelectronic assembly, processes, materials and development.
- Personal flexibility to support (on-call and on-site) a 2 shift, 7 day production facility.
- Experience in Statistical Process Control (SPC) and statistical data analysis.
- Experience in Design of Experiment (DOE) techniques.
- The ability to access to US only data systems
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- Willingness to learn assembly processes and to develop a “hands-on” understanding of the equipment.
- Knowledge of materials, DOE, statistical data handling and analysis, and problem solving methodologies.
- Proficiency in documentation and analysis of results using Excel, Access, Word, AutoCAD.
- Good communication and people skills.
- Ability to work under broad direction and guidelines.
- Ability to work in a clean room environment.
- Knowledge of non-destructive test – SEM, FTIR, XRF.
- Destructive test – shear, tensile strength testing a plus
- Knowledge of material properties relationships, Mil-Std-833 and JEDEC test methods.
- In-depth “hands-on” programming and troubleshooting experience on automated gold wire bonders, especially Palomar (Hughes), K & S, or F & K Delvotec automatic ball/wedge bonders.
- In-depth “hands-on” programming and troubleshooting experience on automated optical inspection systems, especially Viscom AOI systems.
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (Please upload an unofficial transcript when applying)
Required Education: Must have a BS / BA with a major in Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Materials Science by Summer 2018 or have graduated within 18 months prior to start date.
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.Raytheon
is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter
Chemical Engineering, Hardware Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, College, Space and Airborne Systems, All, Engineering Chemical Engineering/Material Science, Hardware Engineering, Mechanical Engineering