Location: El Segundo California
Security Clearance: None / Not Required
Manufacturing Engineering team in El Segundo, is seeking an experienced Multi-disciplined Process Engineer (MPE) to support design teams consisting of Electrical, Mechanical, Materials & Processes (M&P) Engineering as well as Drafting & Design, Operations, Quality and other functions to provide producibility and concurrent engineering strategies for new, emerging, or upgrade to existing programs, in order to develop products that are manufacturable and can be produced at high yields in the factory.
The ideal candidate will possess the demonstrated skills and experience necessary to perform in a manufacturing engineering leadership role. As the lead program manufacturing engineer, the candidate will conduct Design for Manufacturing & Assembly (DFMA) workshops, develops, qualifies, and documents new manufacturing processes or modifies existing processes to fit the needs of new products, generates tooling plans, assembly instructions and planning packages, defines production flow and trains operators on how to build new products. The candidate will also work closely with quality engineering, responsible engineering authority (REA), M&P teams and customer communities such as NASA to conduct in process and final inspections.
As a technical manufacturing engineer, the candidate should be an expert in soldering processes and able to program and operate automated manufacturing equipment such as SMT pick and place, die attach, wire bond, solder reflow, X-Ray inspection, and other types of machines. The candidate should be able to analyze our manufacturing roadmap and identify appropriate equipment to acquire to be able to build those products when the need arises.
This position involves direct support of manufacturing activities and requires spending significant amounts of time in and around factory areas. Candidate must also analyze defect data and determine root cause and corrective action to maximize process yield and reliability.
The MPE is an integral part of the Integrated Product Team (IPT) and will frequently interface with Senior Program Management, IPT Leads, and Functional Leadership. The MPE will present progress reports at program and customer gate reviews.Basic Qualifications:
- Minimum of 6 years professional experience in the industry
- Experience in circuit card assembly or microelectronics manufacturing, processes, material and development.
- Willingness to learn assembly processes and to develop a “hands-on” understanding of the equipment.
- Statistical Process Control (SPC) and statistical data analysis.
- Design of Experiment (DOE) techniques.
- Proficiency in documentation and analysis of results using Excel, Access, Word.
- Good communication and people skills.
- Ability to work under broad direction and guidelines.
- Ability to work in a clean room environment.
- Ability to develop work instructions and manufacturing planning packages
- Ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- Knowledge of physical, electrical, soldering process, and material requirements affecting the design and functionality of CCAs (Circuit Card Assembly).
- Knowledge and experience in analytical evaluation techniques and testing of microelectronic and Chip on Board CCAs.
- In-depth “hands-on” programming and troubleshooting experience on automated equipment
- In-depth knowledge of manufacturing requirements for space systems
B.S. or Higher Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical, or Physics Engineering 117648
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.Raytheon
is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter
Electrical Engineering, General Engineering, Hardware Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, All, Engineering Electrical Engineering, General Engineering, Hardware Engineering, Mechanical Engineering