Location: Saint Petersburg Florida
Security Clearance: None / Not Required
Principal HR Generalist Partner, Naval CEC and RF System Radar Program areas
Raytheon IDS - St. Petersburg FL (and McKinney TX )
We are seeking a high performing HR professional to fill an HR Generalist role supporting two Integrated Defense Systems (IDS) business areas: Mission Systems and Sensors (MSS) and Seapower Capability Systems (SCS). For the MSS business, the HR Generalist will support the Tactical Radars Multi-Function RF System (MFRFS) team located in McKinney, TX. The MFRFS Product area is a rapid turn design, production and sustainment product area that specializes in OneRTN principles and commonality to get critical capabilities to the US Army soldier in a rapid Time-2-Battlefield context. Similarly, for the SCS business, the HRG Generalist will provide direct support for the Cooperative Engagement Capability (CEC) program located in St. Petersburg, FL. CEC is a key element in the future Navy’s Integrated Fire Control/Counter Air capability.In this dynamic and fast-paced role you will partner and collaborate with other HRGs and business leaders to understand the business strategies and objectives while applying HR solutions in a proactive manner, consistent with the HR and Security vision and mission. The ability to build relationships, exercise good judgment and work across the Raytheon matrix is critical in this role. The successful candidate should demonstrate an understanding of how HR can support business growth and performance. Responsibilities include:
- Serve as an active HR thought leader in the Integrated Product Development System (IPDS) process developing actionable plans that support business area and HR&S strategies
- Partner with the MFRFS and CEC Program Leadership Teams to proactively identify and manage talent and HR needs for a diverse portfolio of programs
- Translate business imperatives into talent implications and serve as liaison with Functional HRBP/Gs across IDS to ensure appropriate functional engagement and support
- Early engagement in proposals and partnership with Front End of the Business HR to bring forward creative HR solutions to capture challenges
- Actively partner with HR colleagues at other locations to deliver the full scope of HR solutions including but not limited to: Talent acquisition, Performance management, Leadership capability and development, Compensation planning, Employee development, Succession planning, Organizational effectiveness, and Employee Relations
- Serve as the site HR leader as appropriate. Ie…Compliance, Site Incident Support, workplace health and safety initiatives, etc…
- Support the development and implementation of diversity and inclusion initiatives
- Educate business partners and employees on HR policy, process and practice to ensure effective execution and compliance with policies and drive execution of best practices locally
- Though no Clearance is required initially, the incumbent must be able to obtain a US DOD Clearance if necessary in the future. Except in Rare cases only US Citizens are eligible to obtain a US DOD Clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree and 6+ years applicable experience or Master’s degree and 4+ years of applicable experience
- Ability to operate independently in order to review, diagnose, and implement strategic solutions to HR issues within client groups.
- Strong business acumen and understanding of the HR strategic partnership in driving business results.
- Results orientation with strong organizational/follow-up skills and ability to prioritize and drive multiple and diverse tasks to closure concurrently
- Ability to work collaboratively across the MSS/SCS HR teams, and demonstrated experience collaborating with multiple HR functional disciplines to develop solutions
- Ability and willingness to travel 25% of time between 2 RTN IDS locations - Primary location will be St. Petersburg, FL with Travel required to McKinney, TX to support both business areas.
This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- Ability to build effective working relationships with a broad range of styles at all levels in the organization
- Experience in working effectively in a heavily matrixed organization, with solid and dotted line reporting.
- Innovative, flexible and a strong change agent who seeks opportunities for improvement
- Excellent analytical, trouble-shooting and problem-solving skills
- Foundational competency in coaching and influence management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including written, oral and presentation
- Experience with HR business applications and systems, such as Peoplesoft, Cognos, SPEED and applicant tracking, or similar database and query tools.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Human Resources, All Human Resources