Location: Tucson Arizona
Security Clearance: Secret
The Test Systems Solutions Center (TSSC) applies a systems approach to provide total test solutions that ensure the quality of Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) products. The TSSC uses common platforms and processes to design/develop production, depot and engineering test stations. Opportunities include:
Job Description:RMS – Systems test directorate is seeking a software engineer for the TSSC Common Factory Test Platforms (CFTP) Department.
- Domestic and international travel
- Innovative rapid prototyping
- Supporting live-fire testing of our products
- Designing, developing or using commercial software for simulation and test equipment environments
- Designing, developing or integrating methods and equipment to effectively test systems.
The selected candidate will participate on a multidiscipline engineering team performing design, development and integration of RMS test products within CFTP. Typical work involves the development of both engineering and production test equipment. As such, the candidate will contribute to the completion of all stages of test product development, and will be responsible for performing technical reviews, software architecture development/maintenance while and providing stewardship and leadership of other engineers. They will be expected to interact with various groups and programs while representing the CFTP leadership team as a software systems subject matter expert. They will provide guidance and leadership to project teams to uncover and resolve issues associated with the development and implementation of test products.This position is focused on but not limited to the cultivation of engineers in the areas of design, development, integration, test, and maintenance of software for CFTP. The selected candidate will direct and mentor the development of applications, libraries, and instrument drivers using the software style, development language, and integrated development environment specified by CFTP.Required Skills:
- Requires a Bachelor of Science degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of professional engineering experience developing and implementing high order programming languages, demonstrating applied knowledge of advanced principles, theories, and concepts.
- Professional engineering experience with test equipment architecture and computer software optimization techniques
- Professional engineering experience with the development and integration of software drivers for the operation of computer hardware interface
- Experience using Software Configuration Management principles, environments and tools
- Professional engineering experience utilizing integrated development environments and debugging tools to troubleshoot software implementation and ensure integrity of the software products (experience with Microsoft Visual Studio is required).
- Extensive professional engineering experience working within a team environment.
- Master of Science degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)
- ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
- Professional engineering experience working with Yellowstone Automation (Presidio)
- Experience with the development and integration of software drivers for the operation of computer hardware interfaces.
- Knowledge in common computer hardware interface and data protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, RS-422 (experience with Microsoft Windows operating systems is preferred).
- Experience with laboratory test instrumentation, electronics and software (experience with NI VISA, NI Measurement and Automation Explorer, or NI Switch Executive is preferred).
- Professional experience developing automated test systems (familiarity with National Instruments (NI) TestStand (preferred) or Architect certification (CTD or CTA) highly preferred).
- Professional engineering experience developing requirements for software products
- Professional experience with project/workload management, utilizing resources effectively to satisfy internal customers and implementation schedules.
- Professional and consistent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Professional engineering experience developing ATEasy test software solutions
- Professional engineering experience developing C++ and/or C#
Checkus out on YouTube:
Are you ready to be remarkable with Raytheon?
The Five Most Powerful Missiles Made byRaytheon
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
TheDefenseIndustrialSecurityClearanceOffice(DISCO), an agencyoftheDepartmentofDefense,handlesandadjudicatesthesecurityclearanceprocess.Securityclearancefactorsinclude, but arenotlimitedto,allegiancetotheUS,foreigninfluence,foreignpreference,criminalconduct,securityviolationsanddruginvolvement.Employment is contingentonotherfactors,including, but notlimited to, backgroundchecksanddrugscreens.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) is the world leader in the design, development and production of missile systems for critical requirement including air-to-air, strike, surface Navy air defense, land combat missiles, guided projectiles, exoatmospheric kill vehicles, missile defense and directed energy weapons. RMS is headquartered in Tucson, Arizona with over 11,000 employees operating at sites across the country and internationally.
Software Engineering, All, Engineering Software Engineering