Location: Andover Massachusetts
Security Clearance: Secret
Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems Execution Operations (XOPS) is offering a great opportunity for a Strategic Initiatives Manager/Value Stream Lead in the Hardware Integration Center. The Hardware Integration Center achieves Operational Excellence through the mindset and practice of continuous improvement. We are focused on delivering superior and affordable solutions for our customers. This position requires an “out-of-the box” thinker responsible for managing floor space and test utilization, overhead expenditures, Infrastructure execution, Acquisition Requests (AR), Tiered Accountability Board sustainment and ensuring on time delivery of antennas to feed Radar Progressive Flow Line.
This role requires daily interaction with other functions to maintain and meet organizational goals and objectives. These groups include: technical support, manufacturing/test/design engineering, maintenance, facilities, production control, finance and the program management office. Achieving/exceeding safety, quality, delivery, cost goals and managing the continuous improvement opportunities using six sigma and lean methodologies.
In addition to the above, responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supports deployment of manufacturing operations strategy, control systems, tools and metrics to accurately measure progress and drive continuous improvement, as they relate to the work Cell.
- Maintaining test, paint shop, truck well, and floor space utilization metrics
- Coordinate and generate bi-weekly Near Field Range and Floor Space utilization meetings with respective programs and Ops Leadership
- Ensure optimal area layout and flow management
- Identification and execution of Capital projects
- Manage Procurement Requests (PR)
- Manage area expenditures to ensure alignment with Overhead funding
- Interface and coordinate large scale area modifications/improvements with Facilities or POCs
- Lead sustainable process improvement initiatives using Lean and Six Sigma tools to achieve cycle-time reduction, improved quality, and increased productivity
- Ensure sustainment of the Tiered Accountability Board while keeping information relevant and useful
- Work closely with production Cell Leaders, Value Stream Leaders, cross business teams, and the Operational Excellence Resource Center
- Update Mfg Operations Business Continuity Plans and Emergency Contingency Plans
- Update bi-monthly Ops Review package for HWIC.
- 8+ years’ experience in manufacturing, operations, or engineering
- Experience with EAC analysis or equivalent financial reviews
- Previous leadership experience in manufacturing operations or similar environments
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
- At least 4 years utilizing lean manufacturing concepts with a proven track record of lean / six sigma implementation
- High computer literacy and with confidence and skill working with Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Project) and familiarity with Raytheon systems (VM, PRISM, PDM)
- Metrics driven and success oriented, Six Sigma Expert/Black Belt or Lean Certification
- Strong Planning, Facilitating, and Team-coordination skills
- Demonstrated Experience leading projects in a bargaining unit environment
- Customer focused attitude towards accomplishing goals
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Technology, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing, Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, All, Engineering Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Technology, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing, Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering