Location: Tucson Arizona
Security Clearance: Secret
Now that you are graduating, are you looking for a challenging and exciting career? If the answer is yes, have you thought about helping design and develop highly complex flight simulation systems for missiles?The Advanced Test Systems Engineering Center (ATSEC), at Raytheon, is comprised of five departments, with an engineering population of 450+ employees. We design and produce $300M+/year of engineering test stations. The ATSEC organization has the responsibility to grow and sustain engineering competencies throughout all missile engineering test activities, and to make these systems more affordable, credible, agile, and robust.Within ATSEC, the Hardware in the Loop (HWIL) RF Systems Department has the responsibility to design, develop, and maintain engineering test systems (missile flight simulators) that operate real-time and closed-loop with the weapon’s hardware and software. This work is very challenging and exciting.A successful candidate will participate in integrated engineering teams, which perform the hardware design and software required to emulate the flight environment for the advanced missiles Raytheon produces. Common software tasks on these teams include the following activities:U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- Design and develop software for engineering test solutions such as Software Evaluation Stations (SWES), Computer in the Loop (CIL) and Hardware in the Loop (HIL) facilities
- Creates development plans, requirements, and unit-test for software products
- Code and integrate your software to ensure run-time integrity
- Follows established development practices and processes to maintain the configuration management of software products
- Excellent knowledge developing and implementing high-order, objects oriented programming languages such as C++
- Experience utilizing software debugging tools to troubleshoot software implementation and ensure integrity of the software products
- Working knowledge in computer scripting language such as MATLAB/Shell/Perl/Python
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Needs to work well in teams and have the ability to multi-task
- Ability to obtain a DoD issued Secret security clearance
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a Secret security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- Able to develop software for hardware control, including common computer hardware interface and data protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, RS-422, USB, PCI, and RIO
- Proficiency with Linux or Unix
- Proficiency with real-time operating systems
- Knowledge developing requirements for software products
- Working knowledge of Software Configuration Management principles, environments and tools
- Understanding of computer architecture and computer hardware optimization techniques
- Experience developing software for real-time control of events and/or synchronization
- Working knowledge of GP/GPU technologies and parallel processing
- Parallel programming principles and processes for technical computing environments
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA desired from an ABET accredited University
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens. Interested job seekers must apply online at www.raytheon.com/campus to determine if they meet qualifications for specific positions and other employment requirements.***Please upload a copy of your most recent transcripts with your resume when applying to this requisition***-
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering field (Software, Electrical, Computer, Mechanical, Aerospace or Systems) to start as a G06 Software Engineer I, or an MS to start as a G07 Software Engineer II.
- Degree must have graduated in the past 18 months.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) is the world leader in the design, development and production of missile systems for critical requirement including air-to-air, strike, surface Navy air defense, land combat missiles, guided projectiles, exoatmospheric kill vehicles, missile defense and directed energy weapons. RMS is headquartered in Tucson, Arizona with over 11,000 employees operating at sites across the country and internationally.
Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, College, All, Engineering Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering