Location: Tewksbury Massachusetts
Security Clearance: Secret
Job Description: An opportunity exists within the Command & Control, Radar and Mobile Sensors Software department in Tewksbury, MA for a Software Engineer II.
The Command & Control, Radar and Mobile Sensors Software department contributes to the success of Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems (IDS) by providing NoDoubt™ software solutions throughout the product lifecycles of some of IDS’ most rapidly transportable world class radar, missile, command & control, and homeland defense systems. The department is a critical source of support for a variety of new technology initiatives and internal research and development (R&D) efforts. Some of the programs supported by the departments include – Qatar Adoc, NATO ACCS, 3DELRR, Zumwalt, DBR, NASAMS, and multiple IRAD.Candidate will be an integral part of the Software team as a development, integration and test engineer. The candidate will be responsible for maintaining, debugging and fixing problems with the SW application, as well as supporting integration efforts. The SW application is built on a IBM ClearCase environment, specifically using a Linux/UNIX (Redhat, HPUX and IBM) platform, utilizing mainly C++/JAVA programming languages. The candidate shall also be able to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems, with solutions that are imaginative, thorough, and practicable, and consistent with organization objectives, work under only general direction and independently determine and develop approach to solutions. Ability to obtain a SECRET Security Clearance is requiredJob Responsibilities:
- Work on all phases Software development lifecycle, tools, and methodologies
- Converting software requirements and specifications into logical design artifacts, development of software code, unit testing of code, and analysis of software defects
- Support generation of documentation to include: software development folders, design presentations, and problem reports
- Integration of software from multiple SW IPTs
- Determine failure root cause, develop, design and implement solutions
- Analyze system performance vs. technical requirements, research and make SW/Systems improvement recommendations
- Able to travel periodically to support integration sites
- 2+ years of overall experience in a SW Development or SW Integration role
- Proficient using Unix or Linux Operating Systems
- Prior C++ or JAVA programming experience
- This position requires the ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- High energy, self – starting team player who achieves goals and continuous improvement
- Prior SCRUM/Agile Development experience
- Familiarity with the following SW Tools: Rational Tool Concert (RTC), ClearCase, DOORS, MATLAB, Jenkins, Google Test
- Command and Control, Radar or Weapons system, Cyber Security domain knowledge
Required Education (including Major):
What’s YOUR Mission?Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care. Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at www.raytheon.com.Stay Connected: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at Raytheon. Are you ready to be remarkable with Raytheon?Raytheon: Making the World a Safer Place“Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."- Thomas A. KennedyRaytheon Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Software Engineering or relevant engineering discipline.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Software Engineering, All, Engineering Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Software Engineering