Location: Dallas Texas
Security Clearance: Secret - Current
The Airborne Processors (ABP) department of the Systems Engineering Integration & Test Center of Raytheon's Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) business unit designs and develops secure processors for airborne, ship-based, and ground applications. ABP is seeking mid-level engineers to tackle challenging projects. Individuals will be challenged by assignments in keeping with their skills and experience; this could include any combination of technical research, concept demonstration, modeling and simulation, product design, technical documentation, unit or system test, or technical presentations. Experience with computers for office tasks, research, analysis of numeric data, documentation, and presentations.
The successful candidate will perform requirements verification planning, environmental test equipment preparation & set-up, and the integration & test of airborne processor modules in support of Qualification and Safety of Flight Certifications for the F-16 MMC Programs and other SAS Development Programs. The job consists of planning, performing and analyzing a variety of tests to verify subsystem requirements compliance with tactical aircraft environmental profiles over the system life-cycle. Detailed analysis of the test data will be used as the basis for qualification and safety of flight certifications prepared and submitted to the USAF and aircraft prime contractors. The test data will also be used to support transition to production activities.
This position will require initiative, pro-active communication, and collaboration with personnel from several functional disciplines to plan, execute, and analyze the environmental test results. The job will also require the candidate to learn the F-16 MMC Subsystem and understand its physical configuration, functions, and performance under the aircraft non-operational and operational profiles experienced over the system life-cycle. The successful candidate will be expected to prepare and present formal content in support of Test Readiness Reviews, participate in USAF Test Working Groups, and to play a significant role in the verification activities performed to support a subsystem Functional Configuration Audit.Required Skills:
- Minimum 6 years of experience demonstrating a solid understanding of electrical engineering theory and applications to develop and apply Electromagnetic Environmental Effects (E3) test stimulus & measure responses.
- Prior experience in test equipment calibration, instrumentation, and environmental test (MIL-STD 461 profiles & methods) required.
- Demonstrated proficiency using standard engineering data analysis processes and tools to collect and analyze environmental test data to produce technical reports.
- Solid engineering analytical and technical writing skills, excellent verbal communication skills with ability to present test data and explain results to management & customers.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with Active (or active within past 24 months) DoD Secret Clearance.
- Prior, direct experience working in engineering and environmental laboratories equipped with E3 test equipment & RF-shielded anechoic chambers.
- Familiarity with FAA and/or USAF Aircraft Qualification and Safety of Flight Certification Process and associated verification/supporting data and reporting requirements.
- Understanding of DoD/USAF System Engineering Process and command media for performing system qualification/verification test planning, conduct, & analysis.
- Effective communication of project results in written reports and presentations, Experience and skill with requirements analysis tools, such as DOORS.
- Other considerations relevant to working effectively in the Raytheon engineering environment include the ability to work independently without close supervision, to work well in teams, to communicate effectively both informally (e.g. conversation or email) and formally (e.g. reports or presentations), to work diligently, and to conduct oneself professionally and ethically.
Bachelor of Science in related Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM).Desired Education:
Master’s Degree is a related Engineering field.This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.Raytheon
is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter
Electrical Engineering, Integration and Test Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Test Engineering, Space and Airborne Systems, All, Engineering Electrical Engineering, Integration & Test Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Test Engineering