Location: Richardson Texas
Security Clearance: TSSCI
Raytheon IIS is seeking a Manager II Subcontract Management (Subcontract Manager) to be responsible for the development and management of complex, multi-year development subcontracts requiring ongoing oversight and administration of specifications, statements of work and terms and conditions. The Subcontract Manager documents, prepares, negotiates cost, price and terms and conditions, and executes major subcontracts; provides formal communication and contractual direction; and performs contract close-out. The Subcontract Manager is an integral member of the Program team supporting and collaborating with Program Management, Engineering, Operations, Finance, Quality and Integrated Program Team (IPT) leads.Duties and Responsibilities Include: Lead/manage source selection process: identify and qualify suppliers, prepare bid packages that support program requirements, analyze and evaluate proposals, perform Price/Cost Analysis
Prepare and execute negotiation strategies
Determine the appropriate selection and issuance of fixed price, time and materials, labor hours and cost-type subcontracts and/or purchase orders
Develop financial strategy in driving the cost model down to increase profitability
Prepare required documentation to support release of all subcontracts and/or purchase orders
Ensure subcontract compliance with Public Law, Raytheon Company policies and procedures Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR/DFAR), ITAR and import/export requirements
Manage subcontractors to meet all subcontract requirements including cost (avoidance/mitigation of cost overruns), schedule, technical and quality requirements
Develop solutions in resolving supplier contractual issues that requires a high level of creativity
Perform risk assessment, identify potential risks and impacts, and develop mitigation plans
Work in collaboration with the IPT team to ensure program and supplier success
Develop and maintain strong business relationships with the subcontractors
Monitor and provide feedback to the IPT on critical supplier performance
Manage administrative tasks including the management, coordination and support of award/incentive fee process, milestone payment, performance based payment, invoice review, and ongoing communication with the subcontractors and program teamRequirements:• 8+ years of related experience in major complex subcontracts
• Must be a US Citizen with ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance; current existing TS/SCI clearance highly preferred.
• Experience in procurement with the government, aerospace, and/or defense industries
• Thorough knowledge and experience with Public Law (FAR/DFAR), ITAR and import/export
• Proven ability to develop and negotiate teaming agreements, master subcontract agreements, and blanket purchasing agreements
• Proven track record of building and maintaining solid relationships based on mutual respect with senior level internal and external customers, peers and team members
• Demonstrated ability to influence key decision-makers and to effectively negotiate with subcontractors
• Working knowledge of Earned Value Management System (EVMS) and Risk Management
• Ability to simultaneously manage multiple subcontracts and priorities
• Problem solving and critical thinking skills, ability to exercise independent judgment and manage complexity and ambiguity
• Exemplary written and oral communication skills, strong presentation skills, ability to listen well and communicate effectively with others
• Proven ability to collaborate across the organization and operate effectively within a matrix environment by resolving conflict and influencing others
• Proven track record that includes collaborating with Program Management and Engineering/Technical individuals regarding management of SOW requirements and subcontractor work outputs (including cost and schedule)
• Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated project management skillsDesired Skills:• International subcontract experience
• Strongly prefer existing TS/SCI clearanceRequired Education (including Major):• Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Business or related field; MBA, JD or related degree preferred; Professional certification is a plus Or equivalent combination of education and experience (Bachelor Degree = 8 years of additional applicable experience).
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Supply Chain, Warfighter Support Services, All, Contracts and Supply Chain Supply Chain/Purchasing