Location: Marlborough Massachusetts
Security Clearance: None / Not Required
The SAS Communications Mechanical Systems Department
is currently seeking a Mechanical Engineering Manager for the Comms Antenna Systems Section in Marlborough, MA.Job Description
: The Comms Antenna Systems Section Manager will be responsible for leading a team of approximately 15 mechanical engineers who provide Mechanical Engineering support to active product line programs, legacy fielded programs, to business development for new captures, and to IRaD efforts. As a Front Line Leader (FLL), you will be responsible for working with other Mechanical Section Managers and Leads to ensure the proper staffing and execution of programs and proposals. The Section Manager is also responsible for the performance and career development of all the members of the section, providing open and honest feedback to section members, developing talent, and ensuring adequate resources to meet the skill-set demands of our programs. You should be a highly motivated “self-starter” able to lead by example, possessing strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills. The Section Manager is expected to lead the research of required hardware components, oversee concept development, development/review of Hardware Requirement Specifications (HRSs) and provide general oversight/direction throughout a programs life cycle including the development of models and 2D drawings. The Section Manager will also be expected to help develop solutions to a variety of technical problems of advanced scope and complexity. This position will require interfacing with other mechanical managers, engineers, designers, and structural / thermal analysts, as well as managers and engineers from other disciplines, along with program management and customers. Section Managers are also expected to perform Key roles on Programs and perform special assignments as required by the Communications Mechanical Systems Department Manager. Required Skills:
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- At least 8+ years of experience in mechanical engineering design, analysis ,or manufacturing
- Ability to apply mechanical engineering knowledge to solve complex design problems and lead design teams from product concept definition to production
- Ability to interact productively with other team members across various disciplines, including systems engineering, electrical engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, and program management
- Excellent Interpersonal and Multi-tasking Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with program cost and schedule monitoring and reporting.
- Ability to obtain a DoD Security Clearance
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- 5+ years of experience in Task Management or other Lead roles on Development programs.
- Mechanical experience with antenna pedestal design including composite laminate structures
- Working knowledge of military and commercial design, materials, and process specifications
- Able to identify and communicate technical issues and risks that may impact cost, schedule, or other aspects of product design
- Working knowledge of structural and thermal design
- MATLAB, ANSYS, Flotherm and/or other analytical tools
- Experience in proposal development and project planning
- Experience as an IPT or CPT Lead
- EVMS Certified and professional exposure to EVMS or similar budget tracking system
- Strong presentation and technical writing skills
The ideal candidate should possess all of our Basic Qualifications, and one or more of the desired qualifications.Required Education:
Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering or equivalentDesired Education:
Masters of Science in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent 117864
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.Raytheon
is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter
Hardware Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, All, Engineering Hardware Engineering, Mechanical Engineering