Location: Andover Massachusetts
Security Clearance: Secret
Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems Execution Operations has an opportunity for a Manufacturing Manager in the Hardware Integration Center (HWIC) responsible for PATRIOT Land Vehicles. Responsibilities include full leadership and management accountability regarding the performance on all aspects of safety, quality, schedule, and cost performance for assigned operation. The Manager will be responsible for setting the standard and driving operational excellence throughout the organization.
This role requires daily interaction with other cross-business teams to maintain and meet organizational goals and objectives. These groups include: technical support, manufacturing/test/design engineering, maintenance, production control, finance and the program management office. Achieving/exceeding safety, quality, delivery, cost goals and identifying and implementing continuous improvement opportunities using six sigma and lean methodologies are critical performance criteria for this position.
In addition to the above, responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supports deployment of manufacturing operations strategy, control systems, tools and metrics to accurately measure progress and drive continuous improvement.
- Workforce planning and forecasting
- Employee hiring and training
- Area layout and flow management
- Program execution and financial analysis
- Capital identification and control of overhead expenses
- Ensuring the full compliance of company policies and procedures
- 10+ years’ experience in manufacturing, operations, or engineering
- Ability to obtain a Secret governmental clearance
- Experience with EAC analysis or equivalent financial reviews
- Previous leadership experience in manufacturing operations or similar environments
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- Strong management skills including the ability to make decisions with minimal supervision, goal setting, delegation, coaching, and motivating
- Prior experience in a bargaining unit work environment
- Manufacturing or industrial engineering and supervisory experience in the aerospace/defense industry
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and presentation skills
- High computer literacy and with confidence and skill working with Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Project) and familiarity with paperless Shop Floor Control Systems
- Experience utilizing lean manufacturing concepts
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Technology, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing, Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, All, Engineering Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Technology, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing, Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering