Location: Dulles Virginia
Security Clearance: TS/SCI - Current
Job Description:The Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) business unit has hundreds of active programs that provide customers with highly innovative solutions to their challenging and time critical missions. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated, enthusiastic, and energetic Software Engineer able to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment with the Raytheon IIS team.The Software (SW) organization partners with Information Assurance/Security, Systems Engineering and other disciplines to provide affordable, cost-effective software solutions to IIS programs and initiatives. Raytheon is seeking a Software Engineer to be part of a team that provides life-cycle management of specialized software on a mission critical system. The ideal candidate will work in a fast paced agile development environment developing an application to process streaming audio products, in a runtime virtualization environment and developing intuitive user interfaces in a distributed use environment. The candidate will also provide guidance and documentation on use, configurations, and testing of the application.Responsibilities will include:
- Perform moderately complex analysis, design, development, testing, and debugging of computer software
- Support architecture integration and recommend products for integration
- Develop system level scripts in various common languages
- Incorporate all security disciplines, recommend and develop requirements, specifications, designs, and procedures to satisfy program security policy and planning guidance
- Monitor the implementation of security requirements for government and industry facilities and systems
- Develop reports, information, and recommendations that support the implementation of government security requirements
- Participates in special projects as required
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Active Security Plus Certification or willingness to acquire the certification within 45 days of starting
- Note: Candidates with a current security clearance are eligible for a sign on bonus if the clearance is confirmed and the candidate is hired by Raytheon.
- 4+ years of experience in the following areas
- Development experience in JAVA or other relevant development languages
- Additional experience with one or more of the following languages:
- HTML, PHP, Perl, C++, XML/XSD/XSLT, JSP/HTML, Python for Java
- Experience with Windows, Linux or Unix operating systems
- Virtualization techniques and experience with VM installs
- Ability to create well-modularized, maintainable software and willing to follow group coding standards and design.
- Experience developing distributed User Interfaces
- Experience with Agile Software Development
- Understanding of security technologies and concepts, experience in design and implementation of secure network solutions including DMZs and web portals Knowledge of Information Assurance and Information Operations technologies and development activities. Understanding of the processes and guidelines for Certifying & Accrediting (ICD 503/DITSCAP/DIACAP/DCID 6/3) information systems based upon experience on development programs.
- Ability to work in team environments under aggressive deadlines.
- Solid understanding of software testing methodologies
- Possesses or can quickly develop a comprehensive understanding of Government Information Security policies, regulations, and guidelines.
- Proficiency with MS Office Applications
- Excellent writing skills
- Must be able to work collaboratively across agencies and physical locations
- Desired Skills:
- 6+ years of experience in the areas noted under required skills
- Experience with process development and deployment
- Experience with scripting languages for UNIX, Linux, or Windows
- Experience with one or more of the following operating systems:
- Redhat LINUX, MS Windows, VMWare ESX
- Experience with one or more of the following Application/Database Servers:
- Required Education:
BS Computer Science or Computer Engineering
Raytheon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Software Engineering, Warfighter Support Services, All, Engineering Software Engineering