Location: Marlborough Massachusetts
Security Clearance: Secret
Provide Mission Assurance and Quality leadership across the Dual Band Radar (DBR) Program elements and associated pursuits being executed primarily in Tewksbury, MA and engagement at the Integrated Air Defense Center (IADC) in Andover, MA. This position reports directly to the Above Water Sensors & Total Ship Mission Systems Mission Assurance Lead and indirectly to the DBR Integrated Program Lead.The DBR QPL will lead quality planning (strategy, cost, schedule, resources); quality process definition, deployment and compliance; quality cost, schedule and staffing performance; and quality requirements flowdown to IDS Centers, other Raytheon businesses and subcontractors. The position will require in-depth understanding and integration of advanced quality tools, models and process into the programs to assure effective process measurement, control, reporting and corrective action. Individual will need ability to mentor all functions and disciplines on the application of these quality tools, models and processes.The position requires regular and frequent interface with internal (DCMA) and some external (DoD/Navy) customers on appropriate program and quality status/issues. There will extensive participation on cross-functional teams relying on a comprehensive working knowledge of all critical business, manufacturing, engineering, supply chain management and sustainment processes. Position also requires daily communication with functional areas to ensure day to day activities obtain the results necessary to support both quality and program strategies, goals and requirements.The DBR QPL shall be responsible for Quality Earned Value Management System (EVMS), Corrective and Preventive Action (CA/PA), definition, reporting and analysis of program metrics, ensuring risk identification and mitigation, ensuring Quality of design through participation and approval of various reviews, and reporting Quality status to the program, Quality Management and the Customer. Some specific tasks will be to define and maintain the Quality Management System for the DBR program, managing implementation and compliance to AS9100:2009, Raytheon’s Integrated Product Development System (IPDS) and CMMI; provide the Customer interface for Quality; verify/manage Supplier and Subcontractor performance and compliance; ensure Contract, IPDS and overall program process compliance; lead/support Configuration Control Boards; and review/approve program deliverables in accordance with the contract delivery requirements.The position will require individual to have proven successes in business execution with international partners while professionally addressing differences in culture, language, practices and technical/industrial standards. In addition the position will require proven successes in building and maintaining relationships with multiple customers. The ability to execute, and hold others accountable in a results-based environment is also critical.This role will have an expectation to effectively lead with strong influence and change management skills to include building successful relationships through partnering, collaboration and effective communication at all levels of the organization.Job will require 25% travel to support business execution.Secret Clearance is required for this role.Basic Qualifications:
- 10 years’ experience with Quality tasks (planning, control, improvement)
- 10 years quality sciences; quality systems, concepts, management and planning tools, statistical process control tools, and/or application of analytical skills in root cause analysis, corrective and preventive action
- Experience with general ISO-9001/AS 9100 Quality requirements, commercial, aerospace, and/or defense regulations and standards
- Experience with aerospace/defense products and systems technologies
- Proven successes in building and maintaining relationships with multiple customers
- Raytheon Six Sigma Specialist
Required Education (including Major):
- Strong history in driving compliance and validation in all activities
- Experience with increasing responsibility in new product design, development, quality, integrated supply chain management, manufacturing, integration, test, and product realization
- Experience in Six Sigma, CMMITM, Lean and other contemporary methodologies for process improvement
- Raytheon Mission Assurance Level 5 Certification
- Raytheon EVMS Certification
- Cost Account Manager (CAM) experience
- Raytheon Six Sigma Specialist
- ASQ CQE or CMQ/OE certification
- Direct experience with US Navy major systems acquisition project management
- Business degree, certifications and / or relevant experience
BS Engineering / Science required.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Electrical Engineering, Hardware Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Quality Assurance, All, Engineering Electrical Engineering, Hardware Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Quality Assurance