Location: Saint Petersburg Florida
Security Clearance: Secret
Software Configuration Management Engineer (CM)Are you interested in joining a community of dynamic, professional engineers? Are you a Software Engineer who is looking for a new opportunity in a collaborative environment which is characterized by respect for the individual and problem solving in a team setting? Our company is focused on achieving excellence through thought and team work while leveraging individual diversity. Our team makes a difference in protecting our actively serving military men and women both at home and overseas. We have multiple opportunities for experienced software engineers within the Integrated Warfare and Sensor System Software department in St. Petersburg, Florida in support of a real-time sensor netting system that enables high quality situational awareness and integrated fire control capability. Our software configuration management team employs an Agile Scrumban process to rapidly build and deploy capabilities on a continuous basis into a mature solution for our customers. We strive for technical excellence by drawing upon a diverse workforce whose knowledge base covers the complete spectrum of modern computing languages and platforms.The successful candidate will be integrated into a small sized software team involved in all phases of Software Configuration Management. This will include development of new scripts and automation tools as well as maintenance of existing scripts and tools for the Integrated Configuration Management/Change Management Environment. Media creation and validation with direct delivery to the customer, COTS Tool configuration and customization of traditional and non-traditional Software CM tools, Administrator upgrade and migration tasks for tools such as ClearCase and ClearQuest and configuration and cyber OS hardening are performed in both a Linux and Windows environments while using Agile development methods. Key responsibilities for the qualified candidate include:
- Use and/or application of the principles, theories, and concepts of Software Configuration Management
- Limited use and/or application of basic principles, theories, and concepts of Software Engineering
- Develop solutions to routine technical problems of limited scope
- Work closely with and communicate effectively with other team members to achieve program success
- Established verbal and written communication skills to successfully support peer reviews and associated software system documentation
- 4+ years of Software Configuration Management
- Experience with both a Windows and Linux/Unix environment
- Familiar with Unix based scripting such as shell, python, perl
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
- Bachelor’s degree including a major or minor in Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Sciences, Math or Information Technology
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance and an interim security clearance prior to starting. Except in rare circumstances, only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- Enthusiastic and energetic performer able to work in a challenging, dynamic, and fast paced environment
- Experience in using and administration of IBM Rational ClearCase, ClearQuest, Team Concert and Jenkins
- Experience in Agile development methods, including Scrum and Scrumban and continuous integration
- Knowledge of or experience in Linux OS configuration and system security-hardening
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Technology, Mathematics, Software Engineering, All, Engineering Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Technology, Mathematics, Software Engineering