Location: Tinker Air Force Base Oklahoma
Security Clearance: Secret - Current
Raytheon Intelligence, Information, and Services (IIS) is seeking a Senior Level Technical Support Engineer for Field Engineering (FE) Technical Support Services at Tinker Air Force Base (AFB), Oklahoma.
This Technical Support Engineer shall be responsible for ensuring effective operation, maintenance, inspection, and technical support for Radar Testers for Dual String Radar Labs. Additionally, the engineer shall ensure that the lab test equipment is operating properly, and troubleshoot any hardware anomalies with minimal supervision. The engineer shall also ensure that all Operation and Computer Security practices are followed accordingly.
Typical tasks include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide Radar support for the Radar Mode Testers in support of the B-2 Software Sustainment Contract, and comply with facility Operation and Computer Security practices.
- Setup and verify the functional operation of Radar Labs prior to the beginning of the requested Radar shifts.
- Provide Radar Lab Shift Schedule Support, Network IT Support, and Flight Test Support.
- Ensure prompt and accurate troubleshooting of Radar Line Replaceable Units (LRUs) and Special Test Equipment (STE) in the Lab utilizing 1553 bus monitor and other electronic diagnostic equipment.
- Evaluate and sanitize failed LRUs from Flight Tests and Operational Wings, evaluate Radar Mode functionality using requirements and specification documents, ensure proper removal and replacement of failed Radar LRUs, and ensure the completion of proper documentation for property movement.
- Ensure that all daily accomplishments are documented in Lab Record Logs. Complete repairs on lab test equipment, as defined in the statement of work.
- Position requires successful completion of several recurring certifications and training courses.
- Some travel may be required.
- 6 years of related experience, preferably with real-time airborne radars, which may be at an organizational or intermediate level.
- Secret Clearance – Current clearance less than 6 years old required
- Previous lab experience is required, along with familiarity with operating o-scopes and spectrum analyzers.
- Experience that demonstrates the ability to perform as a technical expert to oversee hardware installation and removal, and failure/fault diagnosis.
- Experience that demonstrates the ability to develop solutions to complex problems that require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation.
- Experienced with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Project).
Required Education (including Major):
- Military radar experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with Six Sigma processes is a plus.
- Experience troubleshooting lab anomalies using available documentation including schematics and wire lists, RF anomalies utilizing the appropriate test equipment, and ensuring the proper documentation of test results and lab anomalies in record books.
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills, ability to complete comprehensive and accurate reports, and ability to effectively communicate with customers and follow appropriate protocols.
- Experience with standard aircraft 1553B mux communication.
- Possess a good understanding of hexadecimal and binary numbering systems, which is necessary for data analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to operate standard lab diagnostic test equipment, and solder and wire.
- Ability to support Radar shift requests on all three shifts.
- Self-motivated, top performer, and ability to work without appreciable direction.
- Ability to function under operational pressures to meet tight schedules.
- MSO 15J
- MSO 25F
- MSO 94L
- MSO 94M
- MSO 94R
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field such as Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering or related field. May substitute experience for education. (i.e., no degree plus 14 years of related experience, AA degree plus 10 years of related experience.) However, degree is strongly preferred.
Required Clearance Type:
- Must have existing Secret Clearance that is less than six years since last adjudication and ability to obtain and maintain Secret/SAR approval within one year.
Work Location OK – Tinker AFB (Oklahoma City)
Special Work Environment
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- May require working in a hazardous area (e.g. environmental chambers), and in shop environments.
- May require lifting of 50 lb., and in shop environments.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Engineering Technology, Warfighter Support Services, All, Engineering Engineering Technology