Location: Huntsville Alabama
Security Clearance: Secret
Job Description:Software engineers needed within the Missile Defense & Surveillance Software Department in Huntsville, Alabama.Our software teams employ a combination of traditional and Agile Scrum processes to rapidly design, code, and integrate capabilities on a continuous basis into a mature solution for our customers. We strive for technical excellence by drawing upon a diverse workforce whose knowledge base covers the complete spectrum of modern computing languages and platforms.The successful candidate will be integrated into a small to medium sized software team performing software development, integration, and testing of real-time systems. The candidate will be responsible for hands-on technical work including designing, implementing, debugging, and resolving problems with real-time software applications, as well as supporting software verification efforts. Our software applications are developed using C++, Java, and Ada programming languages executing on a variety of computing platforms running Linux/Unix operation systems.Our software is developed and delivered incrementally using traditional, as well as Agile development methods, including Scrum, automated testing, and continuous integration.This position requires a Secret clearance. This position can be a salary grade G08 or G09 based on the candidates qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience, and responsibility requirements for the position.Key responsibilities for the qualified candidate include:
- Enthusiastic and energetic performer able to work in a challenging, dynamic, and fast paced environment.
- Frequent use and application of technical standards, principals, theories, concepts and techniques of Software Engineering.
- Provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Works independently under limited supervision. Follows established procedures.
- Responsible for making adjustments or recommended enhancements in systems and processes to solve problems or improve effectiveness of job area.
- Works closely with and communicates effectively with other team members to achieve program success.
- Experience in all phases of Software Engineering including requirements, design, code, test and integration.
- Established verbal and written communication skills to successfully support peer reviews and associated software system documentation.
- 4+ years object-oriented software development experience using C++, and Linux/Unix.
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. Citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Required Education (including Major):
- 2+ years experience working with Linux / RedHat OS
- 2+ years experience with real-time OS, preferable WindRiver Linux or LynxOS
- 2+ years experience with real-time embedded software development
- 2+ years experience using modern software design methodologies2+ years experience with middleware prefer RTI Data Distribution (DDS)
- 2+ years experience with UML and preferably Model Driven Development using Rhapsody
- Experience with or knowledge of Agile software development including automated testing methodologies
- 2+ years experience using Configuration Management software tools, preferably ClearCase
- Knowledge or experience in communications methods and protocols, and system security-hardening
- Experience with software development tools; code editors, debuggers, code generation, and test -prefer Eclipse, WindRiver, Jenkins, Google Test, WireShark, Visual Studio, GCC, DOORS
- Experience with standard MS-Office tools for word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations
- Experience with or knowledge of SEI CMMI model
- Experience with the Ada programming language
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Software Engineering, or relevant engineering discipline.
Key Words: object oriented software development, C++, Linux, Unix, RedHat OS, Agile software development, Configuration Management, Clearance
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Technology, Mathematics, Software Engineering, All, Engineering Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Technology, Mathematics, Software Engineering