Location: Cambridge Massachusetts
Security Clearance: None / Not Required
Raytheon BBN Technologies is one of Raytheon’s premier research and development centers. Our diverse research portfolio combines the best technologies to deliver innovative, custom solutions with real-world benefit.
We are currently seeking a Sr. Financial Planning & Analysis Analyst for our Cambridge, MA location. The position will manage finance, accounting and reporting activities for an assigned business area as well as have general FP&A responsibilities for other financial functions such as EACs, capital, intercompany transactions, and allocations. Prior experience working in a government contracting environment is preferred.
Responsibilities will include, but is not limited to the following:
• Review and oversight for all EACs
• Responsible for all Bookings forecasting, tracking, and reporting
• Responsible for budgeting, forecasting, review and processing of all appropriation requests including capital, lease, and inventory requests
• Manages all intercompany requests and cost transfers
• Prepares, monitors, and reports on business unit and or department level financials.
• Responsible for all month / year end closing entries for responsible business units / departments.
• Responsible for month end financial reporting of results which may include, analysis of results, fixed assets, over / under positions, backlog, unallowable costs, incentive compensation, financial summaries, and cash flow.
• Prepares annual budgets and forecasts for responsible business units/departments working directly with department managers and PCO managers.
• Ensures all internal financial and control policies and procedures are followed.
• Ensures compliance with government regulations.
• May provide work leadership for lower level finance and PCO employees.
• Performs other duties as assigned or requested
Required Skills / Education:
• BA/BS in Finance, Accounting or related field and a minimum of 4 years of experience.
• Proficiency at an advanced level with Microsoft Office - Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Familiarity with SAP and job cost accounting systems
• US Government security clearance may be required. A willingness to apply and US citizenship are required.
Desired Skills / Education:
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
• Self-starter with strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Discretion with sensitive data and a high level of professionalism
• General knowledge of government accounting
• Prior Government/Defense contracting experience
• MBA is a plus
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.Raytheon
is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter
Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, All Accounting, Business Administration, Finance