Location: Dallas Texas
Security Clearance: Secret - Current
This job opportunity is for a Principle Information Assurance Specialist position at the Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) business. This position's primary responsibility is to collaborate with the Information Technology (IT) department's System Architects/Engineers in the application and/or development of advanced technical security technologies, scientific principles, theories and concepts as they relate to classified information systems (CIS). In addition to the primary duty, the Principal information Assurance Specialist is also responsible for (a) supporting all SAS IA programs with Information Security Architect (ISA) and Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) support, (b) acting in a lead capacity for a team of technology based Subject Matter Experts (SME) in the discovery, application and documentation of new technical security standards effecting IA operations, and (c) provides the following ISSO support to SAS classified efforts: implements IS requirements, certification and accreditation, system audits, internal/external inspections, coordinates corrective actions, system change management, incident response, prepares reports and provides technical expertise in support of the effort.
Said candidate must be a self-starter capable of multitasking and efficiently managing their time in a dynamic, deadline driven environment without appreciable direction. Additionally, said candidate must possess excellent writing, speaking, analytical, project management, organizational, and customer service skills that will assist them in contributing to and deciphering organizational objectives and translating them into solutions for complex technical compliance and security strategies and challenges. This position reports directly to the SAS Manager III Information Assurance System Architect and Engineer (IASAE) as a direct charge employee.Basic Qualifications:
- Position requires specific knowledge and/or experience in the following:
- Primary expertise in information assurance, communications security, information security related technologies, system security requirements development and pertinent directive and statutory documents
- Experience in key management architecture design, development and documentation
- Minimum 4 years information security experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience understanding and implementing (i.e. NISPOM, DAAPM, JAFAN, ICD, DIARMF, DIACAP, etc.) requirements
- Background in certification and accreditation of data processing systems and networks, and INFOSEC requirements
- The selected candidate must have a DoD 8570 - IAM III professional certification (i.e. CISSP, CISM, GSLC) within 6 months of selection
- The ability to support and status multiple weekly recurring working-level and coordination meetings is a must
- Successful candidate must be innovative and team oriented; must possess mature judgment and highly effective oral/written communication skills
- Knowledge emphasis with Microsoft Windows (Desktop and Server Editions)
- Knowledge general understanding of UNIX, Linux, or similar operating systems
- Travel is required
- Must possess a current Secret clearance and be eligible for a Top Secret Clearance based on a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
- U.S. Citizenship
- Oral and written communication skills and time management skills
- Existing Top Secret clearance with SSBI current within five years
- Experience with specific tools to include Splunk, Nessus, ACAS, Device Control, Bitlocker, LUKS
- Knowledge of computer forensics tools and investigative methodology
- Possess a DoD 8570 - IAM III professional certification (i.e. CISSP, CISM, GSLC)
- Experience with Multi-Level Security (MLS) cross-domain solutions
BS degree in an information systems/technology related field with 8 years of directly related experience; or MS degree in an information systems/technology related field with 6 years of directly related experience.
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.Raytheon
is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter
Cyber, Security, Space and Airborne Systems, All Cyber Jobs, Security