Location: Goleta California
Security Clearance: None / Not Required
***Great opportunity for current seniors in college or recent college graduates. If you are not a current college senior, or a recent college graduate, please visit our other opportunities at www.raytheon.com/careers and apply!***
As a defense contractor, there are specific programs requiring a certain level of security clearance and special access for assigned staff. The selected candidate will be required to secure these accesses. Not being able to secure the Interim Secret Security Clearance needed for this position may result in an offer of employment being rescinded.
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.
This position will support manufacturing within the Product Engineering and Production Manufacturing area and will be responsible to assure full Manufacturing Engineering compliance to processes and procedures used during the manufacturing process while working with Quality, Operations and other Engineering personnel. The individual aids in the development and support of manufacturing processes while working directly with manufacturing personnel and resolving process issues real time.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Disposition non-conforming material with root cause and corrective action analysis as required
- Perform operator training, as required.
- Perform and support First Article Inspections assuring hardware meets all quality requirements flowed down from the programs.
- Conduct area self audits to assure compliance.
- Create and update work instructions for use by manufacturing operations
- Participate in the design of fixtures and tooling
- Engage with factory area to address systemic issues to root cause/corrective action/preventive action to reduce scrap and rework.
- Must be self-motivated and possess good communication skills, especially in documenting evaluation results
- Prior work experience (related or unrelated)
- Ability to work in a team environment
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite (Word/Excel/Access/Project).
- Working knowledge of Military and Commercial manufacturing processes.
- Knowledge of Design of Experiments, Six Sigma and statistical techniques.
- Experience in implementing Statistical Process Control and Design of Experiments to solve design and manufacturing related issues.
- Ability to work with suppliers to ensure schedule and technical issues are resolved.
- Secret Security Clearance level or the ability to obtain
- Strong teaming and communication skills
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (Please upload an unofficial transcript when applying)
Required Education (including major): Must have a BS / BA with a major in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Math, or other related field by Summer 2018 or have graduated within 18 months prior to start date.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.Raytheon
is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter
Electrical Engineering, Hardware Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, College, Space and Airborne Systems, All, Engineering Electrical Engineering, Hardware Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering