Would you like to work in a collaborative environment at a state of the art facility in Colorado? Then join our Raytheon team of engineers solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy. Click here to view a brief video and learn more: https://youtu.be/YNuZN0vyzHg
Raytheon is seeking a Satellite Ground Systems Integration Architect. This Satellite Ground Systems Integration Architect supports the technical and program leadership by providing technical review, support, and options to resolve problems identified during element and segment integration, performance measurement, and verification.
Responsibilities for this position include:
• Formulating options for problem resolution with considerations for technical, schedule and program resource impacts related to key program readiness events. Presenting trades of the options to Chief Engineer, IPT and Program Leaders for decisions.
• Providing technical direction to SEIT Integration Team and acts as resource to the Chief Engineer on all program integration issues. Supports System Interface team in planning and execution of external interface demonstrations and supports external interface issue resolution. Supporting the planning and implementation of Obsolescence product on ramps and assists with RFC on ramp planning.
• Ensuring that Segment Integration is consistent with the definition of operations concepts. Supporting the DITL planning and execution as a technical stakeholder to ensure that procedure planning / development is in keeping with program operations concepts.
• Assisting the SEIT Leadership with Detailed Rolling Wave schedule planning and reviews. Participates in customer reviews and shoulder to shoulder walk-throughs. Acting as key reviewer of Segment Release Plan and supporting SRP Manager and I&T Leadership with planning of release content and DR prioritization for delivery to key events.
• Providing document review and resolves technical systems engineering and integration issues. Supporting ECP efforts as required. Must have the ability to manage time and resources in order to meet assigned deadlines.
Clearance Requirement: Must be a US Citizen with an active secret clearance
External Candidates with a current Secret security clearance or higher may be eligible for a $10,000 sign on bonus if the clearance is confirmed and the candidate is hired by Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services.
Required Experience, Knowledge, and/or Skills:
• 10+ years demonstrated engineering leadership experience with proven track record.
• Strong understanding of system architecture principles to include DoDAF or equivalent
• Experience integrating system architecture elements in large domains that interact with multiple external entities
• Ability to create a vision and lead a team to implement common principles across the enterprise
• Experience in designing, integrating then evaluating and tuning system to meet KPPs.
• Experience leading large teams on projects, and/or programs consisting of Ground-related SE, SW development, and IV&V functions
• Experience in SE process development and deployment
• Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
• Ability to work with a mixed customer set that includes government and industry
• Demonstrated ability to effectively work with and communicate with all levels of management and individual contributors on the program team
• Proven written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills
• Experience with Microsoft Office suite of tools
• Must have an active DoD Secret
Desired Experience, Knowledge, and/or Skills:
• Lead Systems Integrator on a government contract for multi-site ground command and control system with multiple RF ground stations and WAN connectivity to Control Centers with defense in depth Information Assurance implementation (DOD 8500 or NIST 800.53 criteria)
• Experience with ground equipment deployment and integration into operations command and control
• Experience with development and use of spacecraft simulators for integration and test
• Experience in developing and executing automation in integration and testing in support of deployment, regression checkout, and verification (DevOps principles of frequent deliveries with automated deployment and testing)
• Experience in systems engineering functions including: operations concept development, requirements management, use case development, technical risk management, ICD development
• B.S./B.A. in Aerospace Engineering, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Math or a Science.
Our facility in Aurora, CO offers amenities that create work and life balance. On site we have a 24/7 fitness facility, health center, cafeteria, collaboration rooms and dynamic break areas for easy conversation and socialization. Additionally, employee appreciation lunches, bonus opportunities, and great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flexible work schedule - just to name a few.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.