Location: Tucson Arizona
Security Clearance: Secret
Check us out on YouTube:Raytheon Company Overview
Are you ready to be remarkable with Raytheon?
The Future. In Force. Raytheon’s Advanced Naval Strike Portfolio
Visualizing the Future with Immersive Technology
Do new ideas and technology thrill you?
Do people call you an overachiever?
Do you enjoy facing new development challenges and working in dynamic teams?
If your answer to those questions is an enthusiastic "yes!" then you may be the person we’re looking for to join our innovative team as a Software Engineering Fellow.
As part of the Software Engineering Center, you will be an integral part of helping Raytheon Missile Systems further our vision to be the global leader in core and next-generation weapon and security solutions. By any measure, Raytheon is an exciting and rewarding place to work. We pride ourselves on developing world-class talent in an inclusive atmosphere. The result is a workforce that takes pride in the company and consistently delivers superior solutions.
An Engineer Who Inspires
The Software Engineering Center is seeking a technical expert in the field of embedded software architecture, design and implementation to shape embedded product strategy for Raytheon Missile Systems. The ideal candidate will have experience and technical acumen in technologies, architecture, and methodologies associated with hard real time embedded product design, development, verification and sustainment.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing road maps for product lines, technologies, research and development activities, and capital strategy
- Leading the selection of solutions with considerations for the role embedded software plays in all phases of product development and production, over the entire product life cycle
- Defining an integrated design strategy to support embedded capabilities within software, firmware, and hardware
- Defining software design processes and philosophies which enable efficient product validation and compliance with system requirements
- Providing technical oversight in the development, integration and qualification of system solutions
- Leading failure investigations in resolution of production sustainment issues
- Interfacing with internal Raytheon and Government personnel and programs, including participating in program and Business Unit reviews
- Developing apprentices to extend the knowledge of embedded software solutions to meet the needs of a larger set of programs and product lines
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in an embedded real-time software setting
- Experience using C / C++
- Experience leading trade studies and multi-discipline engineering teams
- Experience with embedded system architecture and design for real-time multicore / multiprocessor systems
- Experience developing, testing, integrating, and verifying real-time embedded software
- Experience using embedded RTOSs (e.g. VxWorks, Integrity)
- Experience with software/hardware/firmware architecture, integration, and verification
- Practical experience with guidance, navigation, sensing, tracking, and discriminating systems and associated algorithms
- Experience with Agile software development methods, including Scrum
- Experience with DevOps principles and automated continuous integration techniques
- Experience with object-oriented software development
- Experience using software source configuration control tools and/or automated build environments
- Patents, papers, and publications in related technical field
- Prior active participation in a mentorship or coaching program involving several junior or mid-level engineers
- Experience working in a DoD embedded software environment
- B.S. degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, or other related degree.
- Master’s degree in a related technical field.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens. http://www.dss.mil/psmo-i/indus_psmo-i_interim.html
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) is the world leader in the design, development and production of missile systems for critical requirement including air-to-air, strike, surface Navy air defense, land combat missiles, guided projectiles, exoatmospheric kill vehicles, missile defense and directed energy weapons. RMS is headquartered in Tucson, Arizona with over 11,000 employees operating at sites across the country and internationally.
Algorithms, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, General Engineering, Software Engineering, All, Engineering Algorithms, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, General Engineering, Software Engineering