Location: Huntsville Alabama
Security Clearance: Secret
Check us out on YouTube:
Raytheon Company Overview
Are you ready to be remarkable with Raytheon?
The Future. In Force. Raytheon’s Advanced Naval Strike Portfolio
3-D 360 Experience with electronic warfare
The Whole Life Systems Engineering (WLSE) Directorate is responsible for ensuring our products are Safe, Reliable, Maintainable and are under configuration control. WLSE consists of multiple disciplines that support engineering, our program offices and our customers. Our WLSE disciplines participate in the total life cycle of our products from conception to deactivation. We are focused in two main areas, product support and technical data support. In the product support area, the disciplines are reliability, system safety and supportability. On the technical data side, the main disciplines are configuration management and data management.
The Reliability Engineering Department is seeking a Senior Reliability Engineer I in Huntsville, AL
The Senior Reliability Engineer will work under general direction and exercise latitude in technical decisions to meet customer requirements. The Senior Reliability Engineer will represent the Reliability Engineering Department, providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects. Responsibilities will include identifying key issues and addressing them with optimal technical solutions, managing a reliability program including; monitoring program technical execution, interfacing with customers, program offices, subcontractors, vendors as well as effectively tasking subordinate reliability engineering personnel.
The Senior Reliability Engineer must have experience in one or more of the following disciplines and processes: reliability modeling, allocation, and prediction, Failure Reporting, Analysis, and Corrective Action System (FRACAS) processes, part stress and derating analysis, failure diagnosis and data / trend analysis, familiarity with common industry reliability analysis tools, i.e. Relex / Windchill, ASENT, Reliasoft, etc., Failure Mode, Effects, and Criticality Analysis (FMECA), reliability demonstration / growth testing, and Electronic Parts / Circuits Tolerance Analysis (EPCTA) / Worst Case Circuit Analysis (WCCA).
The position will require application of some or all of these elements. Responsibility will increase commensurate with skill.
Have proficiency in and ability to apply reliability engineering techniques and processes, such as:
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.NOTE: This position can be a Salary Grade G08 or Salary Grade G09 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience, and education requirements for the position.Required Skills:
- Reliability Modeling, Allocation, and Prediction, Parts Stress and Derating Analysis, FRACAS processes, FMECA, Failure Diagnosis and Data/Trend Analysis, Reliability Demonstration Testing / Reliability Growth Testing, and EPCTA / WCCA
- Possess project management skills - Ensure establishment of an executable project plan, schedule, budget, resource requirements, and performance standards
- Ability to take an analytical approach and utilize technical knowledge to solve challenges with optimal solutions
- Have experience with statistical analysis techniques
- Be capable of executing/applying root cause analysis at a system level
- A minimum of 4 years related experience
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance.Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- Be proficient in MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project
- Possess relevant reliability experience in electrical, electronic, and/or electromechanical product design and development.
- Plan or conduct Highly Accelerated Life Testing (HALT), Environmental Stress Screening (ESS) or Highly Accelerated Stress Screening (HASS), and reliability demonstration / growth testing
- Be a critical systems thinker, capable of understanding how a system operates and using available information to make an informed decision on the effects to the system’s reliability
- Familiarity with and apply reliability tools, e.g. Relex / Windchill, ASENT, Reliasoft, etc.
- Possess strong written and verbal interpersonal communication skills with the ability to manage a reliability program and provide direction to subordinate personnel
- Be able to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
- Self-starter with the ability to independently pursue information and solve complex problems
- Have familiarity with Built In Test (BIT) Fault Detection Rate (FDR), Fault Isolation Rate (FIR), and False Alarm Rate (FAR) analyses
- Be familiar with software reliability prediction methods, Design of Experiment methods, or sneak circuit analysis
- Familiarity with other functional disciplines’ modeling, simulation, analysis, and testing techniques, methods, and related processes, e.g. structural, thermal, EEE / EMI / EMC, material science, components engineering, analog / digital / power electronics design, etc.
- Can organize and deliver presentations that communicate complex issues simply yet accurately
- Demonstrated experience in and / or knowledge of Bayesian reliability or software reliability
Required Education (including Major):
- Bachelors’ Degree in Engineering, Science, or Mathematics; ABET is the preferred, although not required
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens. Additional information can be found here: http://www.dss.mil/psmo-i/indus_psmo-i_interim.html
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) is the world leader in the design, development and production of missile systems for critical requirement including air-to-air, strike, surface Navy air defense, land combat missiles, guided projectiles, exoatmospheric kill vehicles, missile defense and directed energy weapons. RMS is headquartered in Tucson, Arizona with over 11,000 employees operating at sites across the country and internationally.
Electrical Engineering, General Engineering, Integration and Test Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Reliability Engineer, Systems Engineering, All, Engineering Electrical Engineering, General Engineering, Integration & Test Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Reliability Engineer, Systems Engineering