Location: Huntsville Alabama
Security Clearance: Secret
Check us out on YouTube:
Raytheon Company Overview
Are you ready to be remarkable with Raytheon?
The Future. In Force. Raytheon’s Advanced Naval Strike PortfolioJob Description:The Whole Life Systems Engineering (WLSE) Directorate is responsible for ensuring our products are safe, reliable, maintainable, and are under configuration control. WLSE consists of multiple disciplines that support engineering, our program offices, and our customers. Our WLSE disciplines participate in the total life cycle of our products from conception to deactivation. We are focused in two main areas, product support and technical data support. In the product support area, the disciplines are reliability, system safety, and supportability. On the technical data side, the main disciplines are configuration management and data management. The Reliability Engineering Department is seeking a Principal Reliability Engineer.
The Principal Reliability Engineer will work with direction and will exercise considerable latitude in technical decisions to meet customer requirements. The Principal Reliability Engineer will represent the Reliability Engineering Department as a key member of their program and their functional discipline. Responsibilities will include identifying key issues and addressing them with optimal technical solutions, managing a large reliability program including; monitoring program technical execution, interfacing with customers, program offices, subcontractors, vendors as well as effectively tasking subordinate reliability engineering personnel. The Principal Reliability Engineer must be proficient in the following disciplines and processes: reliability modeling, allocation, and prediction, Failure Reporting, Analysis, and Corrective Action System (FRACAS) processes, part stress and de-rating analysis, failure diagnosis and data / trend analysis, familiarity with common industry reliability analysis tools, i.e. Relex / Windchill, ASENT, Reliasoft, etc., Failure Mode, Effects, and Criticality Analysis (FMECA), reliability demonstration / growth testing, and Electronic Parts / Circuits Tolerance Analysis (EPCTA) / Worst Case Circuit Analysis (WCCA).This position is located in Huntsville, AL and will emphasize reliability development, including analyses, subcontract management, environmental and reliability testing.Have proficiency in and ability to apply Reliability Engineering techniques and processes, such as:
- Reliability Modeling, Allocation, and Prediction, Parts Stress and Derating Analysis, FRACAS processes, FMECA, Failure Diagnosis and Data / Trend Analysis, Reliability Demonstration
- Testing / Reliability Growth Testing, and EPCTA / WCCA
- Possess project management skills - Ensure establishment of an executable project plan, schedule, budget, resource requirements, and performance standards
- Ability to take an analytical approach and utilize technical knowledge to solve challenges with optimal solutions
- Experience with statistical analysis techniques
- Capable of executing / applying root cause analysis at a system level
- Be a critical systems thinker, capable of understanding how a system operates and using available information to make an informed decision on the effects to the system’s reliability
- A minimum eight (8) years of related reliability systems engineering experience
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- Possess relevant reliability experience in electrical, electronic, and/or electromechanical product design and development
- Plan or conduct Highly Accelerated Life Testing (HALT), Environmental Stress Screening (ESS) or Highly Accelerated Stress Screening (HASS), and reliability demonstration / growth testing
- Proficient in MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense Secret Clearance; Existing Clearance preferred
Required Education (including Major):Bachelors’ Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics; ABET is the preferred, although not required This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens. Additional information can be found here: http://www.dss.mil/psmo-i/indus_psmo-i_interim.html
- Familiarity with and apply reliability tools, e.g. Relex / Windchill, ASENT, Reliasoft, etc.
- Possess strong written and verbal interpersonal communication skills with the ability to manage a reliability program and provide direction to subordinate personnel
- Multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
- Self-starter with the ability to independently pursue information and solve complex problems
- Have familiarity with Built In Test (BIT) Fault Detection Rate (FDR), Fault Isolation Rate (FIR), and False Alarm Rate (FAR) analyses
- Familiar with software reliability prediction methods, design of experiment (DOE) methods, or sneak circuit analysis
- Familiarity with other functional disciplines’ modeling, simulation, analysis, and testing techniques, methods, and related processes, e.g. structural, thermal, EEE / EMI / EMC, material science, components engineering, analog / digital / power electronics design, etc.
- Can organize and deliver presentations that communicate complex issues simply yet accurately
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) is the world leader in the design, development and production of missile systems for critical requirement including air-to-air, strike, surface Navy air defense, land combat missiles, guided projectiles, exoatmospheric kill vehicles, missile defense and directed energy weapons. RMS is headquartered in Tucson, Arizona with over 11,000 employees operating at sites across the country and internationally.
Electrical Engineering, General Engineering, Reliability Engineer, Systems Engineering, Test Engineering, All, Engineering Electrical Engineering, General Engineering, Reliability Engineer, Systems Engineering, Test Engineering