Location: Adelaide South Australia
Security Clearance: Negative Vetting 1
- Leading Defence Contractor committed to driving strategic growth
- Tailored career and development opportunities
- Permanent roles based in South Australia or New South Wales
With over ten million hours of complex combat system integration experience, Raytheon Australia has become the nation’s largest and most capable combat system integrator. Our highly skilled workforce have substantial expertise in combat system integration, architecture, development and testing, giving you the opportunity to challenge yourself and develop a long-term career with an industry leader. At Raytheon, we aim to draw the brightest minds and strive to give them work that excites them while continuously developing an environment for learning to maintain a highly-skilled, world-class workforce.
Due to continued growth and future business opportunities, Raytheon Australia is seeking experienced and senior project management professionals with proven performance in complex defence environments to join our teams in Adelaide and Sydney. We require people with a high level of customer focus and the ability to adapt in a fast paced and challenging environment.
- Depending on the business requirements, you may be required to manage a team to deliver complex systems integration programs, manage subcontractors, or work as a team member for other team leaders and work individually. You will be engaged on a broad range of projects covering different technologies and addressing problems and requirements across the complete project life cycle
- Operate with minimal direction and supervision in environment when tight and inflexible deadlines are the norm
- Be engaged in complex project environments where there are multiple stakeholders, high levels of ambiguity, uncertainty and conflicting requirements
- Planning, direction and control of project operations including subcontract management, risk management, and budget and schedule control.
- Management of working relationships with internal and external customers, subcontractors and suppliers
- Program reporting
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Demonstrated project management skills including sound understanding of the application of the PMBOK and IPDS.
- Experience in leading Program and / or Project Teams in project environments with multiple projects of Project Category (PCAT) Level 3 or greater complexity
- Demonstrated understanding of Defence commercial requirements and ability to assist the commercial staff to meet them would be advantageous
- Considerable experience in solution and proposal development, including financial and commercial aspects
- Possess high-level ethics, integrity and business acumen
- Demonstrated ability to influence people to yield desired outcomes and / or inputs
- Previous exposure to and understanding of the Defence, Engineering or shipbuilding environments would be beneficial.
- Tertiary Qualification in Engineering, Project Management or Management discipline
- Eligible for registration as a Registered Project Manager (RegPM) with Australian Institute of Project Management (AIPM) with accreditation to CPPM or higher
- Ability to obtain and maintain an Australia Defence Force security clearance
At Raytheon Australia we respect the value of military service. Many of our customers are the men and women who defend our nation and its interests while a number of our employees also serve in the Reserves or are military veterans themselves.
Being a major supplier to the Australian Defence Force (ADF), we recognise the particular talents that only veterans can offer. Working with Raytheon provides former members of the ADF an opportunity to bring their military skills to the private sector for a successful transition into the civilian workforce. To support them in this, Raytheon Australia guarantees every veteran and their partner an interview for a role where their skills or experience align with selection criteria. Applications must be received via our careers website. To learn more about our support for those who have served visit www.raytheon.com.au
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career, access your next mission by clicking the “Apply” button below or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Raytheon Australia is a trusted partner in delivering systems integration and mission support solutions to our customers. As one of the most reputable high technology companies in the world, Raytheon delivers innovative solutions to protect, defend and secure.
Program Management, All Program Management